I've seen some fancy armband holders for them - but there's no need to buy one if you have an old t-shirt! Why not make your own - for free!
Here's how in 5 simple steps and no more than 15 mins!
1. Take an old t-shirt or knit fabric top, scissors and a tape measure
2. Measure around your upper arm:
And the length of your iPod or MP3 player plus 3 cm (1.2") on either side.
3. Cut a piece of t-shirt material,
Width = same as the measurement around your arm
Height = 2 x the measurement you took of your iPod/MP3 player
If you cut from the bottom hem of the t-shirt then that side is already finished!
4. Turn and stitch the other long end (opposite the hem) to neaten
Then fold the rectangle in half - right sides together and unfinished raw edges together.
Pin and stitch.
5. Turn the tube you have made right side out:
Then push half the tube up inside itself to form a pocket for your music player
Slide up onto your arm, pop in your music player and get started on your workout!!
You could even make different colours to suit your workout clothes!!
For the downloadable PDF version of this tutorial, click here.
For more easy sewing tutorials of
5 steps in just 15 mins - click here!
And for 600+ more clothes upcycling projects go here.