Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Upcycled plastic bottle crochet hanging pots



It's been a while since my daughter and I did any crochet. We're still very much beginners - but like to practise and experiment.

I had this idea I wanted to try out with plastic bottles!

First I cut the bottom part off two empty washed out bottles:


Then I punched holes around the top edge of each one:

Finally - I took one, my daughter took the other, and we crocheted around the top, going through the holes as we went round, then added handles:

Very cute don't you think?

I've filled mine with pens and hung it by my desk:

My elder daughter saw them and thought they would make cute Halloween trick or treat baskets - or perhaps Easter baskets!

They'd also be cute as perhaps treat bags for parties - or Christmas!

We even thought they might make cute little hanging herb planters.

I think I might upcycle all our plastic bottles like this for a while!

What do you think?
What else could you use them for?

I'll be linking this post to many of the fabulous linky parties whose pretty buttons can be found on the bottom of this page and whose direct links can be found on my linky party page.

8 comments:

  1. Those are fab! Really adorable, and useful for so many things - but I really truly love the office supplies holder idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich! I'm really pleased with how they turned out!

      Delete
  2. Fab idea, Jill! I have old bottles, and crochet with me :) Such a lovely and quick project to make, and yea, you are right, to be used in many ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done Jill!!!!!
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !