Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Keyboard case

Like many people we now have tablets in our house, and although I still use my laptop more than anything, I want to make more use of my tablet. The tablet is smaller and easier to take out with me so I can work on my blogs in other places, but sometimes I need to type a lot and don't find this comfortable on the touch screen of the tablet.
So I've bought a bluetooth keyboard to use.

Of course - it needs it's own little case, and I just received the cutest fabric from Wholeport which was perfect!

I used my own tutorial to make this case - it's actually the one I created when we first got this tablet almost 2 years ago now!

The fleece I used for the inside was from my scrap box. I like to use things up..

I cut lots of strips until I had enough to make the inside of the case:

So then all I needed was a little sew-in Velcro and I stitched it all together (it's a nice simple and quick tutorial)

and now I have a cute case for my keyboard!

What do you need a simple padded case for?
For this and many other tutorials go to

There are around 80 tutorials there for all sewing abilities, please take a look!

I'll be linking this post to many of the fabulous linky parties whose pretty buttons can be found on the bottom of this page and whose direct links can be found on my linky party page.

The fabric that I used for this project came from Wholeport
I received the fabric for free in return for mentioning the source in this post. All opinions are my own.


  1. Meow! It is perfect, and I esp love that it's lined with fleece.

  2. What a versatile and creative idea! This would be great to link up to Create It Thursday #19…hope you'll join us!

    1. Thanks for the invite Leslie. Just went over and linked up!

  3. Hi Jill, this is a beautifully recycling project, you did a lovely case. I love it!
    Marisa from

  4. Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things blog hop. xo


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !