Some pages

Friday, May 13, 2011

Ruffled top - Clothes upcycling challenge day 13

Having made several items of clothing for my two daughters, I was beginning to feel a little left out.  So I decided it was time to make something for myself for a change!
It's a little harder to take pictures of myself than it is of my girls, but I did my best!!
Here's what I made:

I used a dress that was too small for my girls - but I loved the colour!

One of my husbands old singlets...

Cut them all up and set to work...
I've been wanting some ruffles of my own for a while now!  And a bit of sparkle down the side just because I wanted to!!  (you're never too old for sparkles!!)

(I cheated with the sparkly fabric - it wasn't an item of clothing - just from my scrap box!!)
What do you think?? 



Here's another ruffly project which is linked up to my clothes upcycling projects:

She used a onesie, a t-shirt and a turtleneck to make this gorgeous dress for her daughter!
Don't you just love all the ruffles!!
thanks for linking up Rachel!!

If you have any clothes upcycling projects to link up, or would just like to see some of the amazing projects already there, then head on over to this page:





It's my birthday tomorrow!! Yippee!!  Please click on this button to vote for me on the picket fence!
Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. So pretty and so fancy! Amazing color.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did great!! You definitely need to sew more clothes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this!!! Well done, this really looks amazing :) I want it! Hihihi

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails