Sunday, March 20, 2016

Traditional Scottish Shortbread



Shortbread is one of the simplest cookies to make and tastes so good.

Here's how to make your own Traditional Scottish Shortbread.

You only need 3 ingredients: 

250 g (9 oz) plain flour
75 g (3 oz) caster sugar 
175 g (6 oz) butter

First heat the oven to 160C, 325F or Gas Mark 3

Mix the flour and sugar in a bowl and rub in the butter with your fingers until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.




Then kneed the mixture well to form a smooth ball of shortbread dough.

Roll this out into a rough rectangle shape around 1 cm (0.5") thick.
Don't ask me why my rectangle isn't straight on my board...things don't always work out the way you plan! :)

Using a flat knife, cut into small rectangles the size you want your shortbread to be.

Transfer to a greased or lined baking tray and prick with a fork to decorate.



Bake in the oven for around 30 minutes until pale and golden.

Enjoy with a nice cup of tea!




If you like this recipe you can find more here



12 comments:

  1. Thanks for the simple recipe for Scottish short bread, Jill. I shared this with my Facebook friends and pinned it so I can make later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Scottish shortbread, will definitely have to try this one out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! I can't wait to make this for my Outlander season premiere party :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh that would be perfect! Can I come?? :)

      Delete
  4. I too love shortbread with tea Jill and I would love to try and make them sometime.
    TFS this at Cooking and Crafting with J & J.
    Enjoy the week and have a Happy Easter.
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my goodness...I love shortbread and this sounds amazing!!

    I would LOVE for you join and share this at my DIY and Recipes FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/pluckyrecipescraftstips

    Thanks for joining Cooking and Crafting with J & J!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your shortbread looks yummy Jill, I could just eat a few pieces with a cup of tea :)

    Thanks for sharing at Creative Mondays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Jill, We featured this recipe at our Monday Cooking & Crafting with J & J. Thanks and we hope to see you again!
    Julie xo

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !