Saturday, June 29, 2013

Upcycling tank tops



Living in the tropics where it is constantly warm, I wear tank tops all year round so have a plentiful supply of ones that are getting worn and stretched and are ripe for a good upcycle!

So here are some ideas on what to do with tank tops:

First of all some refashions 
- making new clothing items







Or making the tops into something different...




Or you could simply use the fabric



Most recently, I used the slogans from the front of four of my old sporty tank tops that had become too stretched and worn to wear, and made these 4 things!

A sports duffel bag, a yoga mat bag, a large tote bag and a cushion!



I'm collecting all the ideas I find for upcycling tank tops on my Pinterest Board:



And for lots more ideas for upcycling any and all items of clothing, do visit the 600+ Clothes Upcycling Projects Page.  This is an ongoing linky where you can add your own clothes upcycling projects and it's growing every day. There are some brilliant ideas linked up there - so head on over and check it out for lots of inspiration.



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're very welcome Anastasia! Thanks for linking up!

      Delete
  2. I love your refashion series and what a nice surprise to see me up there - thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Megan! Thanks for stopping by! :)

      Delete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !