Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Use what you've got - gift wrapping


Last weekend we were invited to a Christening and a Wedding.
It was a stunning sunny day, and the beach wedding was just beautiful - under the palm trees at the water's edge..

We bought the gifts to take - a cute cuddly dragon for the baby, and some Champagne and glasses for the happy couple.
But how to wrap them?
I didn't want to buy any wrapping paper that would then be thrown away. I like to wrap gifts in a more eco-friendly way and use something that can be part of the gift itself.

So, I had a look through my fabric stash - wanting to

'Use what I've got'

For the cuddly dragon, I found a piece of cute baby fabric.

I cut a large rectangle and finished the edges off by double turning and stitching all the way around.


The fabric is cotton sheeting, and the size I cut is around cot size, so the Mum can use it as an extra sheet for the baby or just a cloth.
To wrap the dragon I just tied the 4 corners of the fabric around the  dragon and added a ribbon and card.


Next was the wine and glasses - already in nice presentation boxes.
I found some perfect fabric in my stash - dark blue with glasses of bubbly printed on it in gold. And some matching shiny gold fabric too.

This time I decided to make a drawstring bag to put the gifts in.


Again I tied a card and ribbon to the bag.

Definitely a better way to wrap gifts than throw away paper!

How do you wrap your gifts? 

14 comments:

  1. What great ideas, a fantastic way to use those silly amounts of fabric that are always left at the end of projects! I will be doing this the next time I need to wrap something.
    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Alison! I'm definitely wrapping all my gifts with fabric this year!

      Delete
  2. Two great ways to wrap gifts, Jill. Wrapping the baby gift in a cot sheet is clever, yet so simple!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Perfect:) Will I get my sewing machine for tomorrow's b'day party gift?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great ideas,Jill!Thanks for sharing!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete

  5. AOL sign up enables you to create an account with AOL email platform.
    http://www.kikguru.com/aol-sign-up-create-aol-mail-account/

    ReplyDelete

  6. With AOL mail Login You can access your AOL account to explore the web-based email.
    http://www.kikguru.com/aol-mail-login-email-account-login/

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !