Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Shirt upcycled to apron and pouches


At the moment I'm looking at ways to upcycle shirts. A few days ago I posted a round up of shirts upcycled into other clothing items, and the linky opened for everyone to add their own shirt upcycling ideas and projects. To see that post go here.

I only had one shirt in my clothes upcycling pile and here's what I chose to make with it:

Here's the shirt:

I used the bulk of the shirt to make this cute frilly apron:

I got the idea and the great how-to from the book 



There wasn't much left of the shirt after that, but I did have both cuffs still intact so made these cute little pouches:

The idea for these I got from this post on Family Chic a couple of years ago.
These are super simple to make - simply cut off the cuff, then with the button still fastened, flatten the cuff with the button almost at the top like this:
Then unbutton and lift the flap and stitch together down both sides! Done!
What a brilliant idea - and the pouches fit small pens, or perhaps could be used as a little money or sweetie purse!


Have you upcycled any shirts?
Do go see the round up post, and please add any of your own shirt upcycles to the linky below too!


I will be adding this post to many of the fabulous linky parties whose pretty buttons can be found at the bottom of this page and whose direct links can be found on my linky party page.

2 comments:

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !