Some pages

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Ruffle knit top

 I've been playing more with the cute ruffle knit fabric I bought from The Fabric Fairy.

My daughters both have ruffle knit tops that are getting worn out (because they wear them CONSTANTLY as they love them so much!)
So I thought I'd try my hand at making one for them.

I used one of their other tops for a template:

Then joined the front and back pieces together at the top and the sides:

And for the binding, I used a great video tutorial I found here.

Binding is not my forte - but it worked pretty well when I followed those instructions - so maybe with a bit more practice I'll get it!

Not bad for a first attempt!


And my daughter LOVES it which is the most important thing!

But who wouldn't love all those lovely ruffles!

You can go here to see the ruffle knit skirt I made
 (very simple - with a little tutorial too!)

And stay tuned for a couple more ruffle knit projects!!

To see where I got this gorgeous fabric from - you can visit
 The Fabric Fairy and check it out for yourself here!

I may be linking this post to some of the fabulous linky parties whose pretty buttons can be found on the bottom of this page and whose direct links can be found on my linky party page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails