Thursday, July 5, 2012

Origami Flowers


A few days ago, a good friend of my daughters had a nasty bike accident.
We went to visit her yesterday, and wanted to take something special for her.  So together, my daughters and I made her a nice bunch of origami flowers!

The quick photos I snapped before we took them over to her house were a little out of focus - but thanks to Picmonkey, I fancied them up a bit so you can see the pretty flowers!

The flowers were pretty easy to make - if you're quick you can see how on this neat video..


Or for a slower version go here!
We then poked kebab sticks through the centre and taped the flowers to them - and down the stick to make the stems pretty, before arranging them all in a pretty box we had!


They were well appreciated - and have spurred me on to try some more origami!!
Any recommendations?



To see what other's have been up to in their Creative Spaces this week, head on over here.

19 comments:

  1. Gosh those are so beautiful. I'm going to have a go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You really should - they're quite easy once you've done the first one!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea Jill, the colours are so cheery. I can imagine how much they were appreciated.
    Hope your friend is doing well.......

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Claire! yes the little girl loved them and she's on the mend!

      Delete
  3. Absolutely gorgeous pics! (And flowers.) A super nice idea instead of cut flowers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich! Amazing what you can do with blurry photos these days!

      Delete
  4. What a great idea, Jill!!! They look fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pam! They do look pretty, I think I might make myself some!

      Delete
  5. They are beautiful! What a lovely gift. I hope your friend is recovering quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty flowers, Jill, and such a great and sweet gift! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. They look so beautiful, wonderful idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful idea and they won't be wilted in 2 days.

    ReplyDelete
  9. How gorgeous are those! I love origami and these are too gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet bouquet! I really enjoy working with origami papers.

    My recommendation: If you have someone to share the work with, I suggest you try a kusudama. So lovely yet time-consuming if you do it alone, but with a partner I bet you could whip one off in no time. And there are a variety of tutes all over the internet. Best of luck!

    ReplyDelete
  11. These are beautiful Jill and I bet they will be enjoyed for a long time to come, girls love pretty paper flowers. I hope that your daughter's friend is feeling better now. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am going to give these a try. Thanks for the link to the video and for telling us how you made your stems.

    senstrings at yahoo dot com

    ReplyDelete
  13. hi :)
    you have a very nice blog, I also have a blog and a web directory, would you like to exchange links? contact me emily.kovacs14@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !