I sewed them together into strips..
Each strip was long enough to wrap half-way around the base of my sewing machine.
Then I sewed the strips together...
Again in no particular order - easy and quick, not worrying about matching colours or the lines of the squares!
Then once I had large rectangle, I cut a matching sized piece from an old curtain lining I had.
With each rectangle, I folded them in half, right sides together, stitched down the sides, then reaching inside the fabric, I flattened each corner to a triangle and sewed across - to 'box' the corners out. I then cut off the triangle corner beyond my stitching, and repeated with the other corner, same for both pieces of fabric.
I then put the pieces one inside the other - wrong sides together and turned the edges over to hide the raw ends. And stitched it all closed!
And voila!! A new sewing machine cover - made from lots of very small scrappy squares - and an old piece of curtain lining!
Not bad for a super fast project....
There's my trusty little machine peeking out from it's new cosy cover !
Not bad - for a throw it together job! And it's practical, useful and does the trick!!