Friday, October 7, 2016

Teddy Bear House Trophy - an upcycle project

A few weeks ago I made a few teddy bears from my daughter's old school sports uniforms. One of these is to be the Junior School House Trophy for a recycling competition my daughter set up this year.

The teddy itself is a cute trophy, yes..

But he needed something extra to show which house is the winner of the trophy each year.

So my daughter and I went out shopping for some ribbon in house colours. We thought we could tie a bow around his neck depending on which house wins.

But I didn't want the extra ribbons each year to go missing. So I got out some scraps from my daughter's old school dresses...

And made him a little backpack to keep his extra ribbons in.

So now this teddy can stay as a trophy each year - and just change his ribbon bow depending on the winning house.

I think it's quite a unique trophy and very suited to a recycling competition considering what he's made of!
What do you think?

Have you ever made a trophy? Or an unusual competition prize?

I shall be linking this post to many of the fabulous linky parties whose pretty buttons and direct links can be found on my linky party page


  1. Awesome, Jill and great idea to add the little backpack so the ribbons don't get lost.

  2. You have so great ideas, I like all the accesories you added to Teddy!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !