Some pages

Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Another quilt! - progress

Last year I made my first ever quilt - for my younger daughter.

I learned a lot along the way!
Since then, I've had another bag of similar fishy fabric scraps that I was given - just waiting for me to whip up another quilt for my older daughter!


Finally I've made a start!
I've cut lots of squares - ironing and cutting from the misshapen scraps I was given!  And I added some plain colours to match too!

I've also got a pile of old blankets - and baby rugs that I made years ago, from which I will cut the fleece to use as  the batting for the quilt.

As to the backing and the binding, I've not yet decided - I'll make up the quilt first, then I'm sure there'll be something in my stash that I can use!!

This project has been waiting a LONG time to be done - so I'm on a mission to finish it this week!

Have I bitten off more than I can chew?

I'll post more tomorrow and let you know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails