Monday, May 23, 2016

A Round Tuit 311

Happy Monday!
Today I'm resting my legs as yesterday I ran in the Cairns 2 Kuranda Train Race! This is one of the trail races my husband and I do every year, where we 'race' the train. Only a few elite runners ever beat the train.
This year we'd had torrential rain for 2 days leading up to the race and the train itself was cancelled. 
 The run still went ahead so everyone who ran can now say they beat the train this year !! 
We all had lots of fun on the 18km trail jumping in the endless deep, muddy puddles and rivers where there aren't usually rivers!!!
A great day!


I also have a question for anyone reading.

I am currently planning a social media experiment to see how we can 'use what we've got' to grow our blogs.
It's taking place throughout the month of June and there are still a few spots available if you have a crafty blog and are interested in joining in. Leave me a comment here or drop me an email
 (you can find my address on my Start Here page).

Now it's time to see what everyone else has been up to this past week. Let's get this party started!


Welcome to this week's linky party. A place where you can link up your posts and creations, and be inspired by others.

Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
First of all, this super cool upcycled 
Vinyl Record Tiered Display from Lynda Creates.

Finally, some pretty awesome
 Cork Art for the Cork Dork from The Navage Patch.

For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button here.
Creating my way to Success
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on this post next week.


  1. Thanks Jill for A Round Tuit 311. Rain and beating the train !

  2. Sounds like so much mud and fun! Congrats on beating that train, knew you could do it. have a lovely week!

  3. I'd love to hear more of what your June social media experiment is all about! Also, congrats on a great run! Smiles, Linda at Paper Seedlings

    1. Hi Linda!

      The June experiment is to try and 'use what we've got' as bloggers in terms of the great posts we already have on our blogs and our social media reaches combined. I'm hoping to get up to 30 bloggers to submit 1 post each, which will then be created into a rotating list for each participant. All the participants then have to do is promote one post a day from the list onto their social media sites - Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter etc. Hopefully this should only take a few minutes each day to click and share with maybe a small comment.

      All going to plan, everyone's post will get plastered over social media sites for 30 days straight in June, hopefully increasing visitors to all our sites and posts. We've got a range of blog sizes and social media followings involved to see what we can achieve!

      Just let me know if you'd like to join us!!

  4. Rest up after yesterday's race, Jill. Have a great week.

    1. Thanks Pam! Hope you have a good week too!

  5. Thanks so much for the party and for featuring my cork art, Jill! Hope you have a fantastic week :-)

    1. You're very welcome Handan - such a great art piece! Hope you have a lovely week too!

  6. Thanks for the link party! Good to see another fellow Aussie blogger about the blogosphere!

  7. Thanks for hosting A Round Tuit, Jill!

    1. Thanks for stopping by again Lynn! Have a great week!

  8. Hello Fabulous! Thanks for the party! I hope you get a chance to stop by our party that starts tonight at 7 pm. We love to pin and tweet every creation that comes to our party! Lou Lou Girls

    1. Thanks Kimberly. I'll be stopping by your party too later to link up! Have a great week!

  9. Jill, thanks for hosting another great A Round Tuit link party! I really appreciate your generosity and work on the party!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !