Monday, May 16, 2016

A Round Tuit 310

Hello and Happy Monday from Cairns, Australia.
This morning I'm helping out at the Turtle Rehabilitation Centre here in Cairns; feeding the turtles and cleaning their tanks.
Living alongside the Great Barrier Reef, it's nice to feel like I'm helping out the locals!  
Aside from volunteering at the Turtle Centre here, I also 'sponsor' a turtle through the WWF fund, partially funded by sales of my Eco-Friendly Shopping Bags E-Book!

Yes, I have a soft spot for Turtles - such amazing creatures!!

But back to today's party! 
I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone has been up to this week.


Welcome to this week's linky party. A place where you can link up your posts and creations, and be inspired by others.

Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
First of all, a neat idea to make your own Wool Dryer Balls from Little Miss Dexterous.

Next, this beautiful Pleated Tote Bag from Happy In Red

For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button here.
Creating my way to Success
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on this post next week.


  1. Thanks for featuring my bowl!

    1. You're so welcome Anna - it's such a neat idea and so cute!

  2. Thank you for featuring my bag :-) Last week I have been working 50+ hours, so far to little time for crafting and it won't be much better the next few weeks. But hey! Great work with the turtles, they're soooo beautiful.

    1. You're so welcome Esther! Such a pretty bag - what a lucky friend to receive it as a gift!

  3. Hi Jill, thanks for A Round Tuit. Love visiting, love joining in. What a great opportunity to work with turtles.

    1. Thanks Joy - yes I'm lucky to be able to spend that time with the turtles! I do love it!

  4. Thanks for hosting! I hope you have an amazing week. Blessings!

  5. In order to read this page, I had to click out of a pop-up demanding that I "like" it among other things. My new goal is to drop every blog that has these annoying pop-ups. It's happening with soooo many "blogs" which are actually pure money making ventures. It's bad enough that half of this page--really half of it-- is taken up with ads for one thing or another. Pop-up, too? Off to remove this from Bloglovin.

    1. Hi Baye

      Sorry to see you go.

      Yes I've added a pop up to my blog to ask people to 'like' my facebook page. and do have a couple of adverts, as do many other blogs. I have worked hard on this blog for several years now. I have produced over 100 free sewing tutorials (and am still making more). The aim of my blog is to help and inspire others. Unfortunately it takes up a lot of my time and I have so tried to gain a little income from it to allow to to continue to spend time on it. I still barely make enough to cover my small costs to run this blog, so it's far from a 'pure money making venture'.

      I made the decision a while ago that adding adverts to my blog was something I felt comfortable with doing - a small inconvenience for the reader in return for all the free content I provide.

      Best regards

      Jill *:)

  6. Thanks for hosting the fun Jill and have a wonderful week. :)

  7. Hello cute lady! We love stopping by your party each week! We would love you to stop by our party that starts tonight at 7 pm. We pin and tweet everything at our party. Lou Lou Girls

    1. Thanks Kimberly - I've got something to link up too this week, so will be stopping by your party later!

  8. Hi Jill! Thanks for hosting this fun link party! Have a great day!

  9. Thank you for hosting this lovely party again!
    All the best, Annemarie

  10. Hello. Thank you for hosting us.


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !