Monday, February 16, 2015

A Round Tuit 245

Hello! Hope you all had a lovely weekend. It's VERY wet here at the moment so we're inside a lot.
My girls want to sew more this year - so we started out with a fun simple project - elephants!
After I made this one from a shirt and shorts as part of my 2015 clothes upcycling challenge, they wanted ones for themselves. 

Here are the ones they made:

Cute aren't they?
They did really well making them, I'm looking forward to more sewing with them! It's great they can help me use up my fabric stash too!

So, what have you been up to this week - let's get to the party and find out!

-----------------------------------------

Welcome to this week's linky party. A place where you can link up your posts and creations, and be inspired by others.

Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
 
 
 
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
 
First of all, this cute t-shirt sundress from Vicky Myers Creations:


Next, 3D cookies from Growing Up Gabel:
So cute! I have some 3D cookies cutters but haven't yet mastered them. I'll have to have another try!


For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button here.
Creating my way to Success
----------------------------------------------------------
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on this post next week.

20 comments:

  1. So cute, they did a brilliant job, isn't it great when our kids want to work with us? Have a great week - Chris :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Chrissie. Yes, I'm loving my kids getting into sewing, feels like I can share even more with them than just the finished products!

      Delete
  2. Those elephants are adorable! What a great project!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute elephant projects Jill. Thanks for A Round Tuit 245.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Jill for A Round Tuit. Have a good day.
    Rob

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely elephants! Thank you so much for the fantastic party and for feature of my set !
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ana. And you're so welcome for the feature. As always, I love the things you make!

      Delete
  6. Those elephants are so stinkin' cute!! I know you are proud of your girls!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kayle - and yes, I'm very proud of my girls!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for hosting! I’m sharing my creamy chicken enchilada casserole—an allergy-friendly creamy Tex-Mex treat and a use up for chip crumbs! I hope you’ll visit my new Corn-free Everyday link party also. http://www.creatingsilverlinings.com/corn-free-everyday-feb-15-2015/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love that your girls want to sew and what a great job too! I watch an 11 year old after her school day for a few hours each week day and have tried getting her interested in sewing but she just can't seem to grasp the straight line concept. She has an 'it's good enough' attitude about a seriously unusable seam line. Is 11 too young? or do you think I should just let sewing go for her and do my own thing and perhaps she'll eventually 'tune in'? I am just so frustrated because I love all types of crafting, sewing, knitting & crochet and she seems happy to just flit around accomplishing nothing. I've never had kids - maybe that's a good thing. Trying to interest her in even the simplest crafts is like pulling teeth. Any ideas?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found that letting my girls play around with sewing was the best thing to let them do. I gave them scraps, scissors, buttons and ribbons etc and just let them create. They made some weird and unnrecognisable things, but they had fun and got to practice sewing without there being a right or wrong. This helped build their confidence. I try not to knock that confidence when they make something that is wonky or looks funny. The more they sew, the better they get. The most important thing is that they enjoy it. Skill and accuracy will come with time. Good luck - it's worth sticking at encouraging her! :)

      Delete
  9. Thank you for hosting the party. Have a great week :)
    Roopini
    Let's Make It Lovely

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Beautiful! What a fabulous party! Thank you! Please take a moment to stop by our party. We would love to see what you have been working on! Happy Tuesday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kimberly! I'll be sure to stop by your party too!

      Delete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !