Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Creative School Holidays Day 87, Use What You've Got

My girls just went back to school this week after a two week break.  We managed to do heaps together in that time, 
 using what we've got,  
including lots of creating, from a plastic lid lamp and tin can pencil holders to painting and some fun with wool!

Last year my younger daughter and I learned how to finger knit.  These school holidays we revisited it and had some fun making a rainbow scarf that I pinned to one of my Pinterest boards a while ago.
Here's the one my daughter and I made together:

My daughter then used this project as the first post on her new blog:

My daughters see me blogging all the time and they both wanted their own blogs. So that was another thing we did these school holidays.

My elder daughter has decided to have a science blog, and has published her first post too!



Do any of your kids have blogs?
Mine are very excited about theirs now. I think it's a good challenge for them to work on, stick at, learn from and enjoy!

6 comments:

  1. That scarf is so fun and pretty and vibrant! Going to check out the new blogs right now!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michelle! The girls were so excited they got comments on their blogs!

      Delete
  2. I must make one of these for my granddaughter who loves My Little Pony and Rainbow Dash!!! She would love this process! (I would too)!!! Thanks for the great idea! My daughter (who grew up already) has a blog about all her dolls! She collects ball jointed dolls. It is called Never To Old To Play With Dolls. If your girls would like to see, it is here: http://ntotpwd.blogspot.com/ Your kids are so lucky to have such an awesome Mom!!!
    God Bless! Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Julie! Hope you do give it a try with your granddaughter - such a great craft to do with kids!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thanks Julie. I'll head over there with my girls to take a look!

      Delete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !