Sunday, September 28, 2014

Write and publish your own E-books, 30 Lessons in Blogging

Creating your own e-book is another way to make money, or promote your blog. E-books are free to create and easy to advertise on your blog and people can download them instantly. You can either sell them for another income source from your blog, or offer them as a free resource or as an encouragement for people to sign up for your newsletter.

Exposure for your blog

I've been lucky enough to have some of my tutorials features in free e-books created by Allfreecrafts, like my penguin costume tutorial in their Halloween costume book. This provides great exposure for my tutorials and  the book contains link backs to my blog.

Creating your own ebook

I created my own e-book a couple of years ago for my other blog - Be Our Best. It's a book about helping your kids learn their times tables, with a structured plan, games and ideas.

I have this book available as a free PDF download for anyone who signs up for my newsletter on that blog.

My e-book is basically just a PDF document, very simple and the cover I created on Microsoft Word. Nothing fancy.

I have another e-book project underway just now, hoping to launch in the next few weeks. This time I'm learning what I can about e-book creation and marketing so that I can release if for sale.
There are heaps of great articles out there to read and learn, One I'm reading through just now is here, but there are many more and as yet I can't make any recommendations.

This is one area of blogging that I will update in the weeks to come after I launch my e-book for sale, sharing what I learned and hopefully - my success!!

How about you?

Have you ever written an e-book?
Do you have any plans to?


  1. Jill, this has been the best series and so very informative. I just completed my first e-book and it is for sale because it is one of my special painting techniques. It was really hard to learn working in Word 2013, but I plan to write lots more. I'm looking forward to your lesson on marketing. The only way I know to get lots of exposure is through Amazon, but I'm hoping you can tell us more marketing ways. Thanks so much for the lessons! Lynda

  2. Thanks so much Lynda for your kind words. It's going to be a steep learning curve for me to research marketing before launching my ebook as this is definitely a real weakness for me. But I'm more than happy to share whatever I learn from the process! Good luck with your ebooks too!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !