Monday, September 8, 2014

A Round Tuit 222, Day 57 Use What You've Got

Yesterday my husband and I climbed Queensland's Highest Mountain - Mt Bartle Frere. It was a tough climb - took us just under 8 hours up and back. Lots of vertical scrambles on rocks and tree roots, and leaping between bolders! Quite scary at times.
Unfortunately it was cloudy and wet at the top so we couldn't get any great view photos. This was me at the top..

Here's what we would have seen had it been clear...
(image source)

Still, it was a really fun day with friends and so rewarding to know we've conquered 
Queensland's Highest Mountain (1622 metres, 5322ft high)

And here's my round up of last week in my #100happydays photos!

Now let's see what everyone else has been up to!


Welcome to this week's linky party. A place where you can link up your posts and creations, and be inspired by others.

Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
First of all,  
a beautiful pillow made from a thrifted sheet by Wow I Like That:

Next, this one's title really caught my eye...
Carrot Cake Hummus from The Scent of Oranges:

Finally, these tasty looking 
Twix Cookies from Living Frugal with Erika:
My girls are going to want to make these ones for sure!

For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button here.
Creating my way to Success
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on this post next week.


  1. Well done on the climb!! 8 hours of climbing does sound very challenging I have to admit. I've been lazy for about 2 weeks but did get some good projects done. Have to find a way to combine sewing with running LOL.

    1. Thanks MJ - my muscles are a little tired today, but not nearly as bad as I expected, which makes me feel good out my fitness levels now!
      Now sewing and running combined....mmm, shall have to think about that one, there must be a way!! I always say and believe - anything is possible!!

  2. Hello beautiful! It is always a pleasure to be a part of your party each week. Please come and party with us tonight at 7 pm. We would be tickled to have you!
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    1. Thanks so much Kimberly! I've added your party to my linky party page so I can stop by and link up when I do my rounds!! :)

  3. Hi Jill,

    Thanks for hosting. I am envious of your hike hope it was beautiful even though it was foggy. We are heading into fall here in Colorado and unfortunately I didn't do any hiking this summer. I am currently healing a broken foot so no last minute fall hikes for me this year. :-(. Last summer I went I the most spectacular hike of my life, Long Peak. If you ever make it to Colorado you should give it a try. It was such an amazing experience. I wrote about it on my original blog.

    Have a great rest of your week.

    Cindy @ Upcycled Design Lab

    1. Wow Cindy - that hike sounds incredible - quite the adventure! So sorry to hear of your broken foot - how frustrating for you. I do hope that one day I do make it to Colorado and can climb Long Peak - it looks awesome!!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !