Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Upcycled Vintage Jewellery by Suzanna McMahan


A while ago, I was contacted by a lady promoting her work making Upcycled Vintage Jewellery.
I was impressed with her work and also her overall philosphy. She said she dedicates her life to

'stop broken costume jewellery and "old things" from going into the landfill so they can find new life and give meaning to those who love my work.'

On Day 3 of my Use What You've Got challenge, I decided to return to that email that I'd saved and give her and her work a big shout out. She's a shining example of using what you've got!

Take a look at some of her beautiful pieces:
Irish Postage Stamp Bracelet:

Vintage Button Ring:

And how about this simply gorgeous and ingenious Spent Bullet Birdhouse Pendant!

If you like what you see here - then why not visit Suzanna's lovely website and see all her pieces. Some past, some currently for sale in her shop. There's plenty to see, and all beautiful handmade pieces.



Go on - let's give some love and support to a fellow upcycler and crafter. We all love visitors and encouragement!



Do you have a handmade business, where you upcycle and use what you've got for your materials? If so, I would love to hear from you and feature you here on my blog. Leave a comment and link here, or you can email me direct (contact details here)

2 comments:

  1. Her pieces are great, I really adore that postage stamp bracelet! Amen to supporting the upcyclers of the world! I like your plan of featuring good peeps doing good work, I see it as a nice addition to your linky party.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mich. Yes, I think that postage stamp bracelet might be my favourite too. Although I do like the bullet bird house too!

      Delete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !