Monday, June 2, 2014

A Round Tuit 208

Good morning from Cairns!
I'm excited to start a fresh week, after successfully completing a triathlon yesterday. It's my second time doing the Enticer (300m swim, 10km bike ride and 2.5km run), but last year was supporting my daughter and this year I did it for myself.  I was still just as terrified swimming in the sea (sharks, crocodiles and jellyfish???) - which was rather choppy, but once that part was over, I enjoyed the cycle and run and finished in under an hour which was my target! I'm very happy, feel like a weight has been lifted after the nervous anticipation of the past few days!

So I'm fired up to achieve lots and lots this week!
Let's get started!

------------------------------------------

Welcome to this week's linky party. A place where you can link up your posts and creations, and be inspired by others.

Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
 
 
 
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
 
First of all, this fabulous upcycling idea from The Upcycled Design Lab - seed packet flower bunches from junk mail!
I LOVE it!!!


Finally, a cute and different cake from Spindles Designs 
- Dusty Crophopper:



For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button from my buttons page.
Creating my way to Success
----------------------------------------------------------
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on this post next week.

22 comments:

  1. Whoo! Ten thousands congrats on the achievement, my dear Jill! You look so happy and I do not detect a single shark tooth mark.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Mich! I completely forgot about the sharks once I got in the water - too worried about the big waves! :)

      Delete
  2. Congrats Jill! That is an amazing accomplishment-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You'll be on a high now, Jill. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely still on a high! Thanks Pam. Hope you have a great week too!

      Delete
  4. Wow - that's quite the accomplishment! Congrats and thank you for hosting! Just followed you on G+

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sarah! Just followed you back on G+ too!!

      Delete
  5. Congrats, Jill! And thanks for hosting another great party!
    Have a fabulous week!
    Hugs from Portugal,
    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Ana! You have a great week too!

      Delete
  6. Great goings Jill! Thanks so much for the fun party each week:) Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Hope you have a lovely week too!

      Delete
  7. Fabulous Jill :-) I used to do triathlons when I was a junior, it has been a while now. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Esther! I have a much better understanding now of how tough triathlons are! Glad I did it, but I think I'll stick to just the running part for now!

      Delete
  8. great result, dear Jill!You are my hero!Look what motivation is a great sport results in life! I try to teach this my son!
    keep going
    hugs and thanks for hosting

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Anastasia! I agree - sports provide great motivation for life in general!

      Delete
  9. Thank you for hosting, hope you have an amazing week..
    Dina@KitchenDreaming

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm loving your party. thanks for hosting. Please come and party with us tonight at 7 pm. We would love to have you. http://loulougirls.blogspot.com
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congrats on the tri! My husband is doing another half ironman this upcoming weekend. I know the work that goes into it. He has taught me to swim and wants me to do one someday, but I'm perfectly happy being a spectator, besides, I like my bike with basket and bell!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emily! Yes triathlons are a lot of hard work - I'm happy to have done one, but at this stage don't want to do a bigger one. Hope your husband went well in his half ironman. We're volunteering in an big one here in Cairns this weekend!

      Delete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !