Sunday, May 4, 2014

Progress in the garden

(Strawberry plants)

Each year I plant some seeds in our garden with a little success. Some things grow well, some things not so well.
This year I'm determined to make LOTS of things grow really well.

It's two weeks after our first planting and so far things are going well.

Lettuce (needs some weeding between rows)

Snow Peas.


And Tomatoes!

More seeds planted today too..
Broccoli and Capsicum.

I also bought a couple of passion fruit vines. Our neighbours have grown these successfully in previous years, so surely they must grow in our garden well!

And the one thing I've had lots of success growing, I had to keep on planting of course...

Lots of them!

What's growing in your garden?


  1. I haven't grown vegetables for yeas, Jill, but am hoping to start a veggie garden soon. Homegrown passionfruit are usually prolific and should save you heaps.

    1. I really hope my Passionfruit are prolific Pam. We had them at a rental house one year and got tons! But so far I haven't successfully started them and grown them myself. This year it WILL work though!!

  2. Love your party! Thank you so much for hosting. Please stop by our party tonight, it starts at 7. I would love to see what you have been working on.
    Happy Monday! Lou Lou Girls


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !