Monday, May 5, 2014

A Round Tuit 204

Good morning from a lovely sunny Cairns
I've been spending a lot of time these last few days checking out our electric meter to see how much power we're using and producing!!
We've just got new solar panels, and thankfully gorgeous sunny clear days just now, so it's exciting each day to see how much money we're saving as I was dishes, clothes, cook and iron...for FREE!!!!
Do you have solar panels??

But back to why we're here today - more fabulous crafty projects, so many great ones last week - I found some great upcycles to feature.

Let's see what you come up with this week.


Welcome to this week's linky party. A place where you can link up your posts and creations, and be inspired by others.

Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
 
 
 
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
 
First of all, picnic blankets made from old jeans and fabric scraps by A Proverbs 31 Wife:
Great way to use those sturdy old jeans!


Next, this 
lovely bag made from upholstery fabric samples by Wesens Art:
I've used these kind of samples for bags before - they're just perfect for a project like this.


Finally, a brilliant idea from Vicky Myers Creations - an infinity scarf made from an upcycled skirt!


Through this post by Vicky - I also found the site

Fashion Revolution

If you haven't already found it yourself, go take a look and then check the labels of your clothes to see who made them and where!


For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button from my buttons page.
Creating my way to Success
----------------------------------------------------------
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on this post next week.

9 comments:

  1. Hi Jill,
    thanks for featuring my bag and for hosting this great party!
    Hugs from Germany

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have too many gum trees shading the house to have solar panels. Love the trees, but wish we could have solar panels. Have a great week, Jill.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am intrigued by the idea of solar panels, but haven't been bold enough to go for it yet. I hope you continue to get great savings from yours!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting agane on a great party,Jill!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting! I shared my super fresh “can’t wait for summer” gazpacho smoothie—a savory swap out for fruity smoothies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting, shared our Benne Wafers, have a great week
    Dina@KitchenDreaming

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish we could get power from the sun....Congratulations on getting your solar panels in. I bet it feels good to know you are making a difference. If we could get power from rain, I'd do it. Southeast Alaska is wet but lovely. Thank you again for hosting this party!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !