Friday, March 14, 2014

New items in my store!

A couple of weeks ago I made a handbag and matching notebook set for one of my daughter's friends for her birthday. I made them using my own bag and notebook cover tutorials.
I really liked the combination and decided to make an extra few for my Madeit shop - or perhaps future birthday gifts!


I only ended up listing two of the sets, this one..

And this one:

The last one will go into my 'seconds' bag, which I'll use for family gifts or raffle prizes, as they're just not quite right - extra little folds in the fabric, or slightly wonky stitching. Nothing major, and probably nothing most people would notice, but I just can't put something up for sale that I'm not 100% happy with.  

Often the things I think of as my 'seconds' are the things my kids love the most as they're a bit different or quirky!

This is the set in question. 

The ruffly fabric is very cute, but perhaps not best suited to a notebook cover. I should have matched it with a stiffer fabric instead of the silky pink. It just looks a bit shabby and doesn't hold it's shape too well.
Never mind..
I quite like it myself - maybe I'll just keep it!! :)

What do you do with things you make that don't turn out quite right??





2 comments:

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !