Tuesday, March 25, 2014

How to add a responsive slider in Blogger

I have to say I'm quite proud of this addition to my blog.
A few weeks ago I didn't know what a 'responsive slider' was.
I noticed a lot of websites and blogs now have a fancy box at the top of their home page with rotating pictures on.  I liked the look of this and wanted to see if I could learn how it's done - through my Wordpress site, Fit and Healthy Me, which I initially set up as a learning platform and to see what everyone was talking about when they said you had to have a Wordpress site.

So - I researched and learned how to add the slider in Wordpress, and was pretty happy with how it looked in that blog.
It seemed a shame though that you couldn't have the same in Blogger....or could you!

Well, it turns out you can. With a little help from Google, I found this site - Image Slider for Blogger.

So simple - all you have to do is choose which type of slider you want - from looking at the pictures and demos; then copy and paste the html into your site as a widget (in layout, add a widget, html).
You can have it in the sidebar, or, as I've done here, under the header. All you need to do is replace the hyperlinks and image sources with your own.

I chose to use mine as page headers, so created images with titles to use, but you could use photos for a great, clickable display!

So what do you think? Do you like my 'responsive slider'?  Would you add your own?

NB - I've since removed the responsive slider from this blog, but may add another in the sidebar in the future as they really are simple to add.

12 comments:

  1. I like this tip. I might use it to create my own Header since I don't really have anything except text.Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annette - I love these sliders - they look fabulous with photos!

      Delete
  2. I have pinned it for when I get a chance. I didn't realise you had another blog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha - yes, I have two others Mel, but don't post regularly on them. My fitness one is just for learning about Wordpress, but I'm enjoying it and may take it further!

      Delete
  3. I love this idea, but it may need tweaking. I opened your blog in Google Chrome and couldn't see the slider at all, just a white space. I tried Safari and that worked fine. Fit and Healthy Me works in both browsers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for letting me know Megan. Not sure what the problem is there. I use Google Chrome myself and it's showing up here..... I'm not very techie so don't have a clue where to start with that! Any suggestions welcomed!!

      Delete
    2. Oh, it seems to be working now, even though I refreshed it a few times before and it didn't appear. Goodo! I'm going to try this fun idea - thanks

      Delete
    3. Glad it's working ok now Megan! Good luck adding one to your blog - let me know how it goes!

      Delete
  4. Neato! I've been trying to add a widget through Blogger for ages but can't get it to work. I'll give one of these go now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara! Will watch out for one on your blog too!!

      Delete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !