Monday, December 9, 2013

A Round Tuit 183

Hello once again!
Well, after taking a couple of weeks break from my daily posts here at Creating my way to Success, I returned last Monday thinking I'd get back into things. Apparently life had other ideas and I've been flat out during the first week of the kids school holidays with organising club swimming nights, constructing new furniture, shopping, wrapping, and , and ...and..

I've decided to stop fighting it and let the Christmas and end-of-year busy-ness just sink in, and return to my own things - blogging, writing etc in the new year, with a fresh start.
Until then, The Round Tuit will continue, and a few odd other posts as I get a chance.

Hope you're all enjoying this busy time of year - and I am getting the odd chance here and there to check out your great links - lots of brilliant Christmas Craft ideas out there.....I had fun picking my favourites this week!!

So let's get to it!


Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!

 
 
 
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
 
First of all, you know I love a good upcycle - especially using clothes - so these Christmas Trees from a sweatshirt by Grandparents plus really caught my eye!


Next, another Christmas craft idea with this Fabric Christmas Countdown by Capturing Joy with Kristen Duke:


Finally, another idea for using clothing to make Christmas ornaments -this time snowmen from socks by Just a Little Creativity:


----------------------------------------------------------
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on facebook during the week, and also on this post next week.

16 comments:

  1. Thanks for this party, Jill!
    Have a nice week!
    Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting Jill! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jill, 'tis the VERY busy season indeed. Glad you are able to keep Around Tuit up when you have so much else that must be done. Appreciate it. Have a great week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the party Jill - Alice @ Mums Make Lists x

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you like the upcycle feature of Christmas Trees from a Sweatshirt! Love the texture of them!
    Hope you have a great week!
    Phyllis@grandparentsplus.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute features. The baby sock snowman looks like a snowbaby, not a snow man. Hope you are all having fun among the crazy business!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for hosting! I stopped by to link up and got a great surprise to see my baby sock snowman featured here :) Thanks for making my evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for hosting agane on great party,Jill!
    have a wonderful week!
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jill,
    Enjoy this busy time op the year and take good care:)
    Thanks for hosting! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. It's a busy time of the year. Enjoy! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Jill, I hope you're enjoying your home renovations and especially the presence of your daughters. I really like the projects you've chosen for this week. I am with the Christmas theme, so I've added to your party one fabric postcard I've done. On my blog you will find a tutorial showing the steps I did..... I hope you will come to visit me :)
    Thank you for this party!
    Have a nice week.
    Marisa from http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Jill! After reading your post, I scrolled to see the other links and there is was....#17. I clicked on the link and then I wandered around and saw her post of the Homemade Caramels! I made a batch, last night, and I now do not want to share them! I did, though....sending some to my mom in Colorado and my son in Arizona. I live in Washington.
    Thanks again, Jill, for pushing through my comfort zone and exploring all the goodies out there!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !