Saturday, October 19, 2013

Socks Upcycling


There are so many ways you can reuse those old socks - from tying them together to make a skipping rope, to putting your hand inside them to use as a car cleaning cloth!
Wiki How has a list of 31 uses for old socks.

You've all heard of sock monkeys, and there are heaps out there with some great tutorials; like this lovely short and clear video from Kidspot:




I also found a tutorial for Sock Skeletons - perfect for Halloween which is just around the corner!!



Here's a nice simple refashion..




For LOTS more cool sock upcycling ideas, you can go to my
 Pinterest Board (I have a board for each clothing item). 



Happy Upcycling!



10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. There are Michelle - and I can't believe I've never upcycled a sock!

      Delete
  2. thanks for hosting,Jill on another one great patry!!!!
    best wishes for wonderful weekend
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anastasia - and for your link ups too!

      Delete
  3. Sweet crafts! and socks happens to be one item I haven't tried anything with - yet. Love the little kitty ;-) thanks for sharing your round up, and going to check our you Pin Board.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks JoAnn. I haven't done any sock crafts myself either yet - but I'm going to try a sock monkey with my girls!

      Delete
  4. I love all the inspiration you bring with this post....Right now my favorite is the sock cat, but still didn't stop to watch the video.... thank you so much for the inspiration :)
    Marisa from http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Marisa. I added the video as I'd seen so many sock monkeys, but never seen how one is made. Now I really want to try making one!!

      Delete
  5. Such cute ideas! So fun to make with the kids.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !