Monday, October 21, 2013

A Round Tuit 176

Good Morning from Cairns!
I can't believe that this school term is already a quarter of the way over. An 8 week term really isn't long enough!
One of the things I'm determined to get "A Round To" this term is sorting through my recipes.
I love all those free magazines you get from the supermarket with lovely looking recipes in, and always pick them up, look through them....then put them in my cupboard.

I've been feeling lately like we've become stuck in a rut with the meals we're having, so it's time to search through these magazines, find those tasty recipes AND MAKE THEM! It'll also be a chance to clear out my recipe cupboard, by getting rid of the bulk of the magazines and saving just the tasty recipes in my special book!
Do you try new recipes often? or find yourself eating the same things over and over?
I'll be sure to share anything tasty I find and make!

But for now - let's get to this week's party.

--------------------------------------------------

Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
 
 
 
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
 
First of all, this fun 
monogram thread holder from Mellywood's Mansion:
I LOVE this idea and want to try and adapt it for something for my own house. Not sure what yet...
Mel always has heaps of great ideas on her blog - so do go and take a look at:
Mellywood's Mansion


Next, these fun eyeball candle holder jars from So Here's My Life:
This looks like such a fun activity to do with kids - the perfect Halloween craft!
Michelle has lots more fun ideas on her blog, so why not head on over to:
So Here's My Life



Finally, this gorgeous crochet lamp makeover from E Strea Chikitu:
This blog has some beautiful crochet projects and ideas, so head on over to:
E Strea Chikitu


For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button from my buttons page.
Creating my way to Success
----------------------------------------------------------
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on facebook during the week, and also on this post next week.

28 comments:

  1. I like to try new recipes but could do it more often. Thanks for hosting Jill and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Judy - you have a lovely week too!

      Delete
  2. What a great idea for storing/displaying thread. Love joining in to A Round Tuit. Always a list of tuits to get finished. Have a great week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Joy! That thread holder definitely is popular! You have a great week too!

      Delete
  3. I'm about to head out for groceries this morning Jill and am going to do the same, go through some of those recipe books I hold on to. I'm not much of a menu planner but think I might go back to it. Helps to be a little more organised at meal times. thanks for the party. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We had our first 'new' meal last night Anne, and it was scrummy! A new one to add to my repertoire! Still a massive pile of magazines to go through though, it may take some time!

      Delete
  4. Thank you so much for another great party! Have a wonderful week. :)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting! This is my first time linking up here, but I've added your button to my blog so I'll be back for sure :)
    Have a great week!
    Molly from Just a Little Creativity

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for linking up and grabbing the button Molly! Hope you have a lovely week too!

      Delete
  6. Thanks for the feature, oh I love tat lamp, I wish I could crochet! 1/4 of the way through....now you have me scared!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Mel! Me too with crochet - there are so many cool projects out there!

      Delete
  7. Thanks for the great party!!!
    Hope you have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Jill, thank you for featuring my crochet lamp make-over!
    X Renée

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Renee! It's a beautiful lamp now!

      Delete
  9. Good luck with finding great recipes!
    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I try a few new things here and there but my sons want all the same meals they grew up with... Have a great week:@)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! Yes, my kids have their favourites too that they always request!

      Delete
  11. My Mama would go hog wild over that thread holder. Love it!
    Thank you for hosting!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Jill, thank you for hosting this party!!!!!
    I added the fabric flowers that I did using an old t-shirt, I did a tutorial on my blog.
    Have a nice week :)
    Marisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Marisa - I'll be stopping by soon to check out your new tutorial! Hope you have a lovely week too!

      Delete
  13. It's a good thing you don't have to eat at my house it seems like the only thing I ever bother to cook is frozen pizza. Now that being stuck in a rut! :-) Good luck with your recipe sorting. Thanks for hosting.

    Cindy @ Upcycled Design Lab

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you for hosting this great party. Keep up the great work. Please stop by and check out our weekly party. Also check out the 2103 Fall Harvest Dinner we are participating in, you will find the link on BeBetsy.com.

    ~~Thanks, Sharon & Denise BeBetsy

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !