Some pages

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Soft Backpacks - free tutorial available!


Last week I made the bag on the right for one of my daughter's friend's birthdays.

I also made her a matching pencil and notebook folder:



I'm very happy to say she loved her gifts.

It's always nice to give handmade and be able to personalise a gift with colours for somebody!
The pencil and notebook folder I made using my own tutorial from a couple of years ago. This is a favourite gift to make for my daughter's friends and always well received!

The backpack was a new design and I've just finished the tutorial and pattern.
I had to make another to make sure I'd got it right..
and I think I might just keep this one for myself!

The tutorial and pattern for this bag, which I made using stretch knit fabric, and fabric and a pocket from old pairs of jeans, is going to be available exclusively to subscribers to Creating my way to Success.

Subscribers already get the pattern for "The Kathryn Bag"

And now the bonus tutorial for these cute soft backpacks!

I want to say a big thank you to all my subscribers - who receive my weekly newsletter with updates from the blog. I hope you all like this new tutorial!

If you would like a free copy of this soft backpack tutorial and pattern, and the tutorial for The Kathryn Bag, then you can subscribe to the newsletter here - or in the top of my sidebar.
The links to the tutorials and patterns will then be sent to you!

Happy Sewing!

I'll be linking this post to many of the fabulous linky parties whose pretty buttons can be found at the bottom of this page, and whose direct links can be found on my linky party page.

26 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh -- that is really cute! Especially the part with the upcycled pocket. I can't wait to make one!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Niki! Remember and show me a picture if you make one!

      Delete
  2. I like those! My daughter is returning to school to take resource classes in the afternoon. (homeschooler) She has been asking me for a backpack and this looks fabulous. Never thought about making my own. I sew a little here and there. Super cute...

    Sharon
    Make It Or Fix It Yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love, love, love!! Thank you for sharing at the Thursday Favorite Things hop.I featured you on facebook!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Katherine - and for the Facebook shout out too!

      Delete
  4. What can I said.......the backpack, the pencil and the notebook folder are just adorable! You did a beautiful job, thank you for the tutorial and for the inspiration!!!!!
    Have a nice day!
    Marisa from
    http://passionetcouture.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh those are so cute! I can't let my daughters see these....or else they will be next on my "to make" list :) Thanks for sharing on Create.Simplify.Inspire!!

    Melissa Kaylene

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely bags but I can find the pattern :(
    I already get you newsletters but think I may be missing the link to this pattern - it is Monday morning after all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. whoops - Monday morning itis that should say can't find the pattern

      Delete
    2. Hi Mother Duck,

      The link to the new pattern and tutorial was in an email sent to all subscribers last week. If you can't find it, send me your email and I can resend the link for you (your email doesn't show up on this comment sorry, so I can't just send it now!)

      Delete
  7. Great little backpack! Thanks for sharing! I'd love for you to link your outfit to our Fall Clothing Party!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww great backpacks :)

    Thanks for sharing with us at Creative Mondays...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yet another fabulous bag made from salvaged pieces. Thanks for linking up to the Upcycled Linky Party at http://love2upcycle.blogspot.com/2013/09/upcycled-linky-party-23.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Adorable. I'm sure they love them. I really liked that you thought to match up the pencil cases and folder cover. Thanks for sharing your tutorial on BeColorful.
    p

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow!! My girlies would love those... YOu make it sound really simple.. I highly doubt its as easy as that.. You've made it look gorgeous.. Thanks for stopping by at Colours Dekor

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails