Monday, September 16, 2013

A Round Tuit 171

After a dip in our spring weather here and a fair bit of rain and wind,  the sun is back and the temperature is hotting up.
We spent the weekend at a swim carnival with our girls where they got to meet and swim with Olympic swimmers! Great fun.
And today it's the school swim carnival, so once again I get to sit in the sun for the day, watching my girls swim and doing my duty as a time-keeper! 
I love sunny days!

But while I'm away from my computer for few hours, I hope you'll all be linking up your fabulous projects for me to browse through this evening! Can't wait to see what you've all been up to!

Let's go!

Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
First of all, the beautiful Abbey Nightie from Roonie Ranching:
Not only is it a great tutorial, but also a fabulous clothes upcycle project which you know I love!
Niki and Erin have some wonderful sewing and crochet projects on their blog, so do go and take a look for yourself at:
Roonie Ranching

Next, this amazing 
Cowboy Shirts Quilt by Joy's Jots, Shots and Whatnots:
I know, another clothes upcycle - I just can't get enough of these great ideas!
Joy's is another beautiful blog to browse through - so head on over to:
Joy's Jots, Shots & Whatnots

Finally, oh, why not - another clothes upcycle!
This time these lovely Teardrop bags from Sewing for Utange:
I love the shape of these bags and how well that shows off some funky jeans pockets!
This blog has heaps of great ideas for upcycling jeans - and also raises money for such a good cause. So head on over and check it out:
Sewing for Utange

For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button from my buttons page.
Creating my way to Success
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on facebook during the week, and also on this post next week.


  1. All cute projects, love the nightie! Have a great week Jill:@)

  2. So cool that your girls got to meet and swim with Olympic swimmers. I am a big sports fan and I know Australia has had so many great swimmers. Thanks for hosting Jill and have a wonderful week.

  3. Thanks so much for the party, Jill!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft

    1. Thanks for stopping by again Ana! You have a great week too!

  4. Hope you had a great day at the carnival, Jill.

    1. Thanks Pam - it was awesome, and our youngest was thrilled to have beaten the world record holder in breastroke! She asked if she would go in the record books now!

  5. So many wonderful projects in this round tuit! Love them :) People are incredibly creative!

    1. Thanks Anna! I always love looking through the amazing links each week!

  6. Thank you for hosting this great party. Lovin' the blog, keep up the awesome work! Please stop by and check out our weekly party.

    ~~Thanks, Sharon & Denise BeBetsy

  7. Hi Jill I'm finally getting up to date with my projects, I finished these elephants in crochet and in my post I added the link where to find the free pattern. On the other hand in the same post I created a video tutorial showing how to make this fabric flower decorating the elephants head. Hopefully you have some time off and come to visit me.
    Have a nice day!
    Marisa from

    1. Thanks Marisa - I just LOVE your elephants and the video too! Did you use any particular software to make the video? I want to learn more about video making and yours looks so professional! Do you have any hints or tips to share?

  8. Thank you so much for the feature, Jill.

  9. Thank you very much for hosting.I brought Pichi-Pichi,one of our traditional delicacy.Have a great week.


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !