Monday, September 2, 2013

A Round Tuit 169


Good morning from sunny Cairns! After our mixed weather last week, things are definitely warming up and summer is on it's way!
One of my favourite things in our garden in summer are these....
Pineapples!!  We cut the tops of every fresh pineapple we get from the market and plant them in our garden. They don't require any special care and grow really well up here. This year we have 18 little pineapples starting to grow! It will still be a few months before they are ready to eat, so for now I'll just have to be a little patient, and continue to enjoy more from the local market!

Do you have any fruit growing in your garden?

----------------------------

Now let's get to the party - what have you been up to this past week?


Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
 
 
 
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
 
First of all, these amazing kids clothes made for a clothing swap by Once Upon a Sewing Machine:
There are always lots of great sewing projects and pattern reviews on this site -so do go and say hello to Donna and Rachel at
 Once Upon A Sewing Machine.


Next, this gorgeous 
Summer Faux Wrap Top from Fresh Off the Bolt:
How adorable is that?
Julia is an extremely talented sewer - so do go and check her blog out for yourself at:
Fresh Off the Bolt.


Finally, this smart Note Tablet Portfolio from Me Sew Crafty:
Faith has a lovely blog, with sewing projects, recipes and tips! So head on over and say hello at:
Me Sew Crafty.


For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button from my buttons page.
Creating my way to Success
----------------------------------------------------------
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on facebook during the week, and also on this post next week.

28 comments:

  1. I sure wish I could get more done on my- NEED to do it list. and I love all the little projects as well as the gorgeous jacket at the top of your list. I'd wear that if it was my size. LOL I'm working on putting in a fly zipper on a jeans skirt for the first time in 20 years. it takes all my mental energy to work it out, put in in, then look at it askance and rip it out again. I'm doing something wrong. LOL
    thanks for the encouragement. Kitty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Keep at it Kitty - you'll get there. I've learnt most of my sewing from trial and error and making lots of mistakes! I've made very good use of my seam ripper!! :)

      Delete
  2. Thanks for a great party!
    Maria @ Krafty Cards etc.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your pineapples are beautiful Jill! Wish I had some in my yard too-enjoy:@)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Too cold to grow pineapples down here. I grow bananas as ornamentals... the possums eat the bananas long before they're ready to harvest. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We planted banana trees, but moved house before they fruited! I'd love to have them in the garden!

      Delete
  5. I've seen a few episodes of House Hunters International in Cairns, so I am going to be forever jealous of you!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I do feel awfully lucky to be living in such a beautiful place! Where are you Diana?

      Delete
  6. Tenga usted una gran semana!Hace tanto tiempo que la sigo y nunca le deje un comentario...
    Solo tengo brotes de lentejas y garbanzos creciendo en mi pequeña cocina.
    Cariños.
    Siempre disfruto de su sitio.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by Susanna! Sprouts in your kitchen are wonderful! I grow them sometimes too - always so tasty in sandwiches!!

      Delete
  7. Hi there Jill, I have four pineapples with fruit in my garden at the moment also. Such a nice surprise, can't wait till they are bigger. I haven't done like you and continually put new pineapples in because once these are done there are none following. I will have to change that.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay Merry! There's nothing quite like home grown pineapples! Yes definitely you should plant more!! :)

      Delete
  8. Thanks for hosting a great party, I am excited to be a new follower! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Jill,

    I am envious that you can grow pineapples in your yard. I am getting a little better at gardening but haven't attempted growing any fruit. Thanks for hosting.

    Cindy @ Upcycled Design Lab

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Cindy! I'm terrible at gardening but discovered that Pineapples grow for me up here if I just whack them in the ground and forget them for a couple of years until they produce a tasty fruit!! I don't have much luck with growing other edibles, which is why our garden is full of pineapples!! Hee Hee!!

      Delete
  10. Wow! That is so neato! :-) Thanks for hosting and sharing that bit of info. Cool!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting this great party. Lovin' the blog, keep up the awesome work!

    ~~Thanks, Sharon & Denise BeBetsy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you very much for hosting. I brought my favorite donuts. Have a great week ahead.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting!

    Kathy Shea Mormino
    The Chicken Chick
    http://www.The-Chicken-Chick.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oi, li alguns posts do seu blog e achei muito interessante,com certeza você tem potencial, vi que você é uma pessoa esforçada que só quer falar e ser ouvida na blogosfera, assim como eu. Posso dizer que gostei muito do que li, sei que será um grande blog pois é de fácil entendimento e o conteúdo é gostoso de ler. Sou Luciana Shirley do blog http://coisasecoisasdalu.blogspot.com.br/ se desejar me visite e siga, mas só se gostar, eu vou retribuir seguindo também o seu.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Luciana! I'll stop by your blog too and take a look!

      Delete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !