Monday, August 12, 2013

A Round Tuit 166

Well - that's another Pyramid Race done and dusted - my 5th!
I beat my time from last year by 8 mins which is great, but not as fast as I've done in training.  I was really happy with how I was going up to the top of the mountain - in with the fast people, in 4th place, feeling good, but then on the way downhill my legs cramped up and I had to walk lots of the way ending up in about 6th or 7th place.  
Still - my goals for this year were to push myself mentally and not give up (my problem last year) and to cross the line knowing I couldn't have done any more.  Both of those I did and am proud of myself for my achievement!

Next year I'll learn from this and get my hydration and nutrition right and hopefully avoid those cramps to better my time again!

Just like anything - I learn more each time I do it, and try to apply that knowledge next time to improve!

Time to rest those muscles now and see what you've all been up to this week!!

Let's party.

-------------------------------------------------
Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
 
 
 
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
 
First of all, this cute Minion Cake from Heavenly Handmades:
How cute is that!! I loved the movie - and had to smile when I saw Alison's husband had requested this cake!!
Alison has a lovely blog with plenty of interest and variety - so do go and take a look for yourself:
Heavenly Handmades


Next, this very versatile scarf top from Etcetorize:
Tamara's post also shows plenty of other ideas of what to make with scarves!
Always a great blog to visit - go say hi to Tamara at:
Etcetorize


Finally, these fabulous 
watermelon slice cookies from I Dig Pinterest:
Christine tries out some great stuff on her blog - so go and check it out for yourself :
I Dig Pinterest


For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button.

Creating my way to Success
----------------------------------------------------------
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on facebook during the week, and also on this post next week.

29 comments:

  1. Thanks for the feature Jill! Glad your race went well.

    Alison
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jill! Well done! Thanks for hosting and have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for the party! Have a wonderful week. :)
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for hosting such a great link party!

    Raven J. True Blue Baking

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks so much for the feature!

    Christine @ www.idigpinterest.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're so welcome Christine! Those cookies look awesome - can't wait to try them out with my kids!

      Delete
  6. Good for you! Congratulations on the race and thanks for hosting and for the awesome feature. Always a great way to start the week! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tamara - Just love all your scarf ideas! You have such amazing creativity!

      Delete
  7. Way to go Jill...just to start and finish the Pyramid Race is fantastic. Hope you aren't too sore. Dehydration seemed to get to the first guy home too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Merry. Yes, I heard he was in a pretty bad state! Still all good now and I'm basking in the glory of having completed it once again!:)

      Delete
  8. Congratulations!!! Wooohoooo! That's a big deal. :-)
    Thanks for hosting!
    ~Stacy @ Stacy Makes Cents

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow Jill, you did it! Congratulations, I admire you:)
    Now it's time for you to recover, have a fab week!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elisabeth - I've having a whole week's recovery now!!

      Delete
  10. Way to go on your race! thanks for the party!
    http://www.handmadeintheheartland.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your race!!!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you for hosting this great party. Please stop by and join us on our Tuesday Brag About It Party.

    ~~Thanks, Sharon & Denise BeBetsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sharon and Denise. I'll head over and link up to your party too!

      Delete
  13. Linking up again this week - thanks for hosting, Jill!
    Have a wonderful weekend!
    Hugs and love from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. ...and Congratulations for your race!!! Your 5 th I can't belive :D
    Have a fabulous day!
    Cheers,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !