Some pages

Monday, June 3, 2013

A Round Tuit 156

Hello and welcome to another week of A Round Tuit!

I'm back from a weekend away and my first ever triathlon, which I did with my eldest daughter.
Now I consider myself to be reasonably fit. I run a lot and do plenty exercises, but the challenge for me this time was the swim leg. I always thought of myself as a confident and competent swimmer. I've happily swum in pools, lakes and the sea on holidays. BUT - when training for this triathlon to support my 10 year old daughter in it, I discovered that swimming for fun and swimming in a race is a lot different.  

Still - I did a lot of training in the pool - and a little trial in the sea and yesterday was the big day.

My daughter managed the swim no problem (she swim trains regularly and is a really strong swimmer). I was extremely nervous - but was happy to complete the 300m course (which was changed due to the tides and was more like 500m in the end). 
I was exhausted but proud at the end - and then went on to catch my daughter up on the bike, and we completed the bike and run leg together in a respectable time!

Phew! What an adventure. WAY out of my comfort zone - but satisfying to have been able to achieve finishing my first triathlon, and to help my daughter do her first 'real' race triathlon too!


I hope you all had a great weekend too!

Now let's get to this party!


------------------------------------
Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
 
 
 
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
 
First of all, this gorgeous Nordic Tea Cosy from FitzBirch Crafts:
Do take a look at this beautiful blog and all the pretty projects you can find there:
FitzBirch Crafts

Next, this lovely 
upcycled boys jersey from Made with my two hands:
Made from two op-shop jerseys!
There's lots of great stuff on this blog, including more upcycling and recycling projects - so do go and take a look:
Made with my two hands


Finally, this funny ruffly flower pillow tutorial from Or so she says:
Lots more great ideas of all different kinds on this blog. Do go and take a look:
Or so she says....


For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button from my buttons page.
----------------------------------------------------------
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on facebook during the week, and also on this post next week.

17 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you and your daughter Jill! Great achievement! Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done you two!! I've done triathlons when I was younger, and I know how hard they are (and how COLD they are in The Netherlands, ha!). I applaud you two.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks so much for hosting! Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time - especially now it's over, hee hee. Congratulations on the fantastic effort, you two!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you Jill for hosting such a great link party!

    Raven J. True Blue Baking

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Jill, what an awesome effort! Thank you for hosting. Have a lovely day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow! thriathlon!!! You and you're daughter should be really proud of each other and your selves!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting! And congratulations on your run! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jill, I admire you, a thriathlon, wow! Congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on completing! That's a major thing to do!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks so much for the party! I hope you had lots of fun with your daughter. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jill, Thanks for the fun party! Way to go on your race! That's amazing! -The Six Sisters
    http://myrecipemagic.com/home/recipes

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hosting such a great party!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did a triathlon! That's fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on the triathlon! And thank you for another great party :)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Congratulations! Thank you for hosting and sharing.Its my first time to come over. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

I love when people take the time to leave me a comment, and I do read them all and try to reply them. Do make sure you've checked 'show my email' in your profile (on your dashboard) so your email will show up for me to reply to! Thank you!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails