Saturday, May 4, 2013

More car organisers!

I love hearing from people who have used my tutorials and made things.
This week I received an email from Angie who has just made a couple of car organisers using my tutorial and kindly sent me pictures to show them and said she'd be happy for me to share them on here.

So here's what she came up with:

Aren't they great? I love the cars and dinosaur fabric, and I have to admit it's a thrill when I see something someone else made using my design and tutorial!

Angie did have a suggestion for this project:

"I think next time, I would just add some stiff interfacing to give the main box some firmness....the placemats were kind of a pain.  :-)   I also just made straps out of the same fabric and then added some velcro to attach them together.  Other than that, I think it's just like your instructions.  :-) "

I think the stiff interfacing would work great and velcro straps too.  I happened to have old placemats and clips on hand to use for mine - but it's great to have suggestions for alternative materials - I'm a bit fan of use what you have and substituting things where you need to!

Thanks once again Angie for allowing me to show your projects here!

Have you ever made anything using one of my tutorials?
I'd love to hear from you if you have. Leave a link in the comments here or send me an email and I'll come and take a look!

Have a great weekend!


  1. lovely car organizer... i too need this type of organizer badly.... i think i'll make one after shifting my house....


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !