Monday, May 13, 2013

A Round Tuit 153

This is a very special week for me!
Yesterday was mother's day here in Australia - and my girls spoiled me very much!
It's also my 40th birthday tomorrow -and my lovely husband surprised me with an awesome present yesterday of...

A Bungee Jump!! AND a surprise party with all my friends there!
I have to say that jumping at age 39 was a bit scarier than I remember it being at age 19!  
But is was still awesome fun and I would do it again in a heartbeat!


Today my parents are taking me out shopping to get a fancy new camera as my present from them! Can't wait to get that and start snapping away!

But for now - I'll leave you with this week's linky - and will check out what everyone's been up to in a couple of days when all the excitement here has settled down a bit!


Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
First of all, this brilliant 
Travel Shoe Bag from Pam at Threading my Way:
I'm definitely making some of these for our next trip!
Pam has some brilliant ideas and tutorials on her blog, together with a great series of ongoing linky parties which are a fabulous resource  for all kinds of tutorials and ideas!
So what are you waiting for - head on over and check out Pam's place now!

Next,  this cute crochet love bracelet from Desperate Houselife:
I just love the simplicity of this idea. It's inspired me to show it to my daughter who is now an expert in crocheting chains and makes endless friendship bracelets for her friends. We have plenty of broken necklaces and charms etc that she could incorporate into her bracelets like the above!
For plenty more inspiration - check out this lovely blog:

Finally, this great 
DIY magnetic make-up board from Heavenly Savings:
Krista has posted a wonderful tutorial - I love this idea and I'm pretty sure we've got all the raw materials around the house and shed to make my own version!!
For more great ideas - head on over to Krista's blog at:

For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button from my buttons page.
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on facebook during the week, and also on this post next week.


  1. Sounds like you've had a couple very exciting days indeed! Happy B-Day, enjoy:@)

  2. Whooo! Happy birthday, Jill! What a great surprise, hubs gets ten gold stars this year. Make that forty!

  3. You are a brave lady! Happy Birthday for tomorrow!

  4. VERY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Jill!!Enjoy your family, friends and all surprises!
    Thanks for hosting.
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft

  5. Have yourself a wonderful 40th birthday and many happy returns! Thanks for hosting.

  6. Have a great Birthday and thanks for hosting the party!
    Krafty Cards etc.

  7. Happy Birthday and what a memorable present from your husband (and WOW, nice parents gift too). Thanks for hosting. Have a wonderful day/week.

  8. you adventurer, you! happy 40th birthday!

  9. WOW!!! What a way to celebrate, Jill. Have fun with the new camera and thanks so much for the feature!!!

  10. Happy Birthday you wild & crazy woman!! I don't think I could go bungee jumping!!

  11. Happy Birthday Jill! Thanks for hosting and hope you have a great week next week, too!

  12. Happy Birthday Jill! Have a great one! And also thanks for hosting! hugs…

  13. Happy birthday Jill! I'm not a bungee jumping one, also if here (2 km from me) we have the higher european bungee bridge!!!

  14. Happy Birthday to you Jill! And a bungee jump.... pfff, anyway you still can write a blogpost:)
    Have a lovely bday!

  15. Happy Birthday, Jill! Thank you for hosting the party. Have a wonderful day!

  16. I know exactly how much courage that takes!! Kudos to :)

    Did not know that you have a party here.. linking in! Thanks for hosting!!

  17. Happy Birthday! You are braver than I am. :-)

  18. Thank you so much for the feature! You have a lovely blog! :)

  19. I can't believe you bungee jumped! What a great surprise gift.

  20. Thanks for the fun party this week. HAPPY 40th BIRTHDAY!! -The Six Sisters

  21. Happy birthday! I'm so glad you took the day off and hope you enjoyed it thoroughly! When you're back, I wanted to invite you to join my How To Tuesday link party, if you haven't already. It's open all week, and the entries are randomized, so everyone's entry can make it to the top. It would be great to have you!

  22. Thank you so much everyone for your birthday wishes!! I had such a lovely birthday few days - thoroughly spoilt by my family! I've been made to feel very special by all your warm wishes from around the world! THANK YOU!!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !