Monday, May 6, 2013

A Round Tuit 152

This weekend was my youngest daughter's birthday party at our house.  I made my first ever pinata!
I think I used a little too much tape as it survived lots of whacking, and in the end it was thrown to the ground and just ripped open!  The kids loved it!

I was also pleased with the cake I made - this time it didn't look too different from the model in the book:
With swimming tiny teddies instead of dolls!

This was much better than one of my cakes last year that certainly got a lot of giggles!
Icing cakes is not my strong point - but at least they always taste good, and the provide a good amount of entertainment each year!

Who knows what kind of cake my girls will request next year!
Have you made any great kids birthday cakes?
----------------------------
Time to get to this week's party!


Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
 
 
 
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
 
First of all, this cute 
sewing with scraps crazy square block from The Sewing Loft:
I LOVE this!! I always have plenty of scraps to use up and Heather's tutorial on how to make it is super clear. I've pinned it to try myself sometime soon!
Heather's blog is just gorgeous, with heaps of great tutorials. So go and say hello at:
http://thesewingloftblog.com/

Next, how to make a t-shirt quilt from Lambers Lately:
I love the straightforward, 'give it a go' way that Leslie made this quilt!
For lots more great ideas, visit Leslie's lovely blog at:
http://www.lambertslately.com/

Finally, this gorgeous round crochet rug from Elisabeth Andree:
As you may know I'm slowly learning how to crochet and Elisabeth's blog is full of fabulous crochet projects she has made that I want to try myself (when my skills get much better).
For lots of crochet inspiration, go and say hello to Elisabeth at:
http://elisabethandree.wordpress.com/


For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button from my buttons page.
----------------------------------------------------------
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on facebook during the week, and also on this post next week.

15 comments:

  1. Love that you made your pinata too strong - "sorry, kids, I'm just too good at construction!" I did laugh at the ghost, poor thing...but the pool cake is delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly did a great job with the preparations for your daughter. I have always been fascinated by the pinata and the cake is very beautiful. It must have been so delicious. Happy Birthday to your daughter. Thanks for hosting and have a wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous bday party! You did a great job!!! Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like the party was lots of fun, Jill. KIds remember birthday parties for a long time... well, mine do. They won't remember how well the pinata was held together, but they will remember the fun they had whacking it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting the party, Jill!!!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft
    www.lovecraft2012.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jill, your cakes are so fun, even if they didn't turn out just like the model! Thanks for sharing!!
    Beth @ The First Year Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved seeing your cake Jill, the kids and family must have been absolutely thrilled. Thanks for hosting and have a great week.
    Joy

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on your daughter and i love your spooky cake!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Jill,
    Congratulations with your youngest daughter, love your pinata and cake!
    Thank you so much for featuring my round rug, it is a great start of this Monday morning for me:)
    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy Birthday to your little daughter. What a lovely cake you made for her, picture perfect! Thank you for hosting. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you for hosting - see you again next week!

    Robin
    Fluster Buster

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for hosting.
    The Busy Bee's.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks a bunch for your fabulousness at these groovy parties.... :) You rock!! Have a great week.

    hugs xx
    Crystelle

    Crystelle Boutique

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !