Saturday, March 16, 2013

Progress working on my blogs

Well this has been a busy week - with a full day of paid work, and today spent preparing food - meals and snacks for the weekend when we'll be at a swim carnival for both full days. Plus all the daily to and from school, before and after school sports, packing endless kids bags, squeezing in some exercise! Packed full - but satisfyingly good!

I still managed to fit in plenty of blogging - getting some good posts out for my other blog - Be Our Best - and keeping up with this blog too. - I even managed to squeeze in some sewing!

But that is all day to day stuff to maintain my blogs - so what of progress in growing the blogs?

Well I did lots of finding other similar blogs and commenting on them with regard to growing a community for my other blog. It's slow going at the start - trying to get it out there and noticed, but I know I need to put in the groundwork - and next week on my plan is to start looking for where I can guest post or something similar for that blog.

For this one - my creative blog, I've been trying to decide what my next step will be.
One of my favourite sayings is:

"Success comes from doing things differently."

Well - my blog is steadily growing with me adding sewing tutorials quite regularly and getting them featured on sites like All Free Sewing and Craftgossip which give me great streams of traffic.  But I've been trying to think what I can do that is new and different.

What I've decided is  - videos!!

I'm a big youtube fan - and it's where I always turn to when I want to learn how to do something.

So - I figured that I should give it a go myself!

I've never done one before - so am starting from scratch learning how.

As with anything I learn - I'm going to jump right in and just give it a try - so I'm putting it out there that I'll produce my first video by Easter!

I've decided on the topic and started making notes this week on what I'd like to do - I now have 2 weeks to learn how and make it happen!

Definitely stepping out of my comfort zone with this - but that's what I need to do to learn and grow!

Any tips or hints on making videos would be very much appreciated!

I hope you all have a fabulous weekend!


  1. Oh, you are so right - you must must must try videos, I have a feeling you are going to be great at it! Sorry I can't suggest anything 'cause of the tiny detail of never having tried it...I shall watch and learn from you, Jill.

    1. Thanks Michelle! I'm a bit nervous - but have to do it now I've put it out there!

  2. I've made one video and it was so much work but SO much FUN too! I hope to do it again very soon. I've had it on my schedule for a mighty long time and have procrastinated a million times.................

    You know what? I think I'll take on your challenge as well, Jill. Apparently I need motivation and you shall be my motivator. By Easter you say? Okay girl, let's do it!!! One video by Easter!

    (This is awesome!)

    1. Whoo Hooo!! So glad to have someone else on board with this! Now I really do have to do it!
      I'm getting my camera out today - and I've got my plan worked out. Time to get it done now! Scary! Easter is coming up fast!!
      Good luck with yours - can't wait to see it!

  3. Thank you for posting this. I've been wanting to make videos, also. I even purchased a special camera and don't know how to use it, yet. I will be wishing you success in your new venture and will be watching each post to learn from you. Lynda

    1. Yes - I'll be posting what I learn from this and hopefully encourage others to try too!

  4. Oh, and I purchased a tri-pod thinking it would make things easier. Don't forget your tri-pod!

    1. Thanks Lynda! Good idea - don't want a shaky video! :)


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !