Monday, March 11, 2013

A Round Tuit 144

Good morning from Cairns!

My youngest daughter is heading off on her first school camp this morning - so things will be a bit quieter around the house over the next few days! She's so excited an I know she'll have a wonderful time!
My little girls are growing up..... :)
Do you have kids? Younger or older?
 (mine are 7 and 9)


Tuits are very hard to come by, especially the round ones. For years people have been saying, "I'll do it as soon as I get a round tuit". Well now you can have one of your very own, and all those jobs that have needed doing will finally get done!
Here's my favourites from last week's party:
First of all, a brilliant upcycle of a men's shirt into a very pretty dress from My busy craft life:
What a great idea!!
MJ has a fabulous blog - and always posts lots of interesting things! Do go and say hello:

Next, I had to share this post from Sewing for Utange - she received a photo of the smiling kids who were the recipients of some of the denim bags she makes:
There are so many great causes out there to be sewing for - and lovely to see the results of someone's efforts!
Do go and take a look at her wonderful blog and see some of the denim creations she makes to help raise money and help out these children in Kenya!

Finally, a bit of fun with this 
Gnome on the Range Egg Cosy from FitzBirch Crafts:
So cute!
Lots more fun ideas on this blog - go see at:

For those featured, feel free to grab a 'featured on' button from my buttons page.
Now it's your turn:
Link up your own projects - old or new - no rules - just share your creativity and inspiration!
I'd love if you grabbed the button - then you can have your very own Round Tuit!
And of course we all love visitors and comments so do visit some of the other links!
By linking up here you're giving me permission to use photos from your post in features here on my blog.
I will feature my favourites on facebook during the week, and also on this post next week.


  1. Oooh I am dreading the day either of mine go to camp, I am sure they will love it when it comes though!! They are 4 and 7 so I think we have another 3 years till I have to worry about it...!

    Hope your daughter has a brilliant time!


    1. Thanks Alison!
      Our kids must start early here in Australia - my little girl who just went off this morning is only 7! She's definitely ready for it though!

  2. Thanks so much for the feature Jill!

    Camps are a wonderful thing for kids - a great way to learn independence, but a really nerve racking time for parents. My daughter is almost 12, so has been on a few camps already and my boys are 15 and 17 - I don't think it gets any easier for mums as they get older! Deb

    1. Thanks Deb! - you're right, camps are great for the kids. They go every year from our school - and my eldest has come back just a little more grown up and independent from each one! :)

  3. Thank you so much for hosting! I hope your daughter has great time. I have 2 in college! They grow up so fast!! Enjoy your quiet week. :)

    1. Thanks Kathy! Yes - it will certainly be quiet without my youngest here for a couple of days!

  4. Thanks for the great party!!!
    Have a wonderful week!
    Hugs from Portugal,

    Ana Love Craft

  5. Enjoy the quiet for the next few days, although you'll be missing her. Camps are a fabulous experience for kids!!! Have a great week, Jill.

  6. Aw, your baby is going off into the wide it overnight camp? Exciting for her! Love the features this week - that dress is just too cool!

    1. Yes, it's a 2 night, 3 day camp. She left sooo excited this morning and I know she'll have heaps of fun! I'll really miss her but it'll be good to have some time with just my elder daughter too!

  7. I finally got around to another craft project. Thanks for hosting!

  8. The time does go by fast. Mine are 11 and 14. I hope your daughter has a wonderful time. Thanks for hosting!

  9. Good morning! Yes, I do have kids---9 of them, aged 13 down to newborn. It can be scary giving them that independence! Hope she has a wonderful time.

    Thanks for the party! Hope you're having a happy day! This week's Homemaking Linkup is up and I would love to have you join, if you haven’t already.

    Mrs. Sarah Coller

  10. Thank you so much for featuring my shirt dress :) *huge smile*

  11. Thank you so much for all your hard work with these fab parties every week....
    Appreciate you!

    hugs x

  12. happy monday! thanks so much for hosting

  13. It's hard to watch them grow up, isn't it? My youngest turned 13 on Sunday. As he was blowing out the candles on his birthday cake, I noticed he's getting peach fuzz above his upper lip. How did he get older while I stayed so young? LOL

    At any rate, thank you for hosting. I wanted to invite you to join my How To Tuesday link party, if you haven't already joined . It would be wonderful to have you!

  14. I just started linking up and oh my have I missed out on the fun. It is truly amazing how creative everyone is. I m so impressed n humbled.

    This is great! Keep up the good work



I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !