Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Creative Space

This week we've a lot of preparation going on at our house for a murder mystery party we're hosting on the weekend.  We have one of these parties each year with friends and they are great fun! We all enjoy getting to dress up and play different roles for the evening. This year the theme is very Halloweeny - and I'm a witch (together with my eldest daughter). So I found some black fabric in a charity shop and made a couple of capes. The hats I admit I bought! I've tried making them before but not very successfully!!
My youngest daughter is being a dragon once more - I think as a witch I'm happy to have a dragon rather than a cat!!

My youngest also has another party to go to earlier in the weekend, so I whipped up a boyish pencil case for the birthday boy using my own twin zip pencil case tutorial.

I wasn't sure how the two different camouflage fabrics would go together for the applique name, but I think it turned out quite well! 

And it's fully lined in black!

Hopefully he'll like it!

To see what others have been up to in their creative spaces, head on over here.


  1. Great job on matching two camouflage fabrics, Jill. I do like the second zippered compartment... wonderful idea!

  2. Great pencil case! Love the extra zip pocket.

  3. Love the pencil case,the camouflage fabrics match really nicely!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !