Friday, August 10, 2012

2012 Great Pyramid Race

I have done this for the past 3 years, and tomorrow it's time again for the Annual Great Pyramid Race up here in Cairns.

So tomorrow I shall be running up and down this mountain
 (922m high), 
hoping to better my race time from last year of 2 hrs 36 mins.

I feel fitter than last year, but the mountain never seems to get any easier to climb!

So wish me luck - every little bit helps!


  1. Wishing you a fantastic race! Get up there and be proud! And be careful comin' down.

  2. Oh wow, all the best for the race Jill. Good on you for getting out and doing it.

    Claire :}

  3. Good Luck! Rather you than me :)


  4. Replies
    1. Thanks so much! All done and dusted for another year! Never gets any easier, but it's immensely satisfying to finish it each time!

  5. You and your mountain climbing skills amaze me...always. Good luck!!!

    1. Thanks Gwen!
      Finished the race exhausted but very proud to have completed it for another year!!

  6. I hope you did well Jill. It was such a beautiful day for the race, a tad windy but lovely and fine. Was thinking of you and even looked out to see if I could recognise a runner with her own drink carrier design.

    1. Thanks Merry! It was tough as usual (never seems to get any easier!) But very satisfying to have finished!!
      Hope you're having a lovely weekend and enjoying this gorgeous weather we're having!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !