Sunday, July 29, 2012

Refreshing my blog

So are you all watching the Olympics?  I love watching them every 4 years - and this year am looking forward to sharing much of it with my girls, who are now old enough to really start taking an interest.
The only drawback is that they are happening on the other side of the world to us here in Australia - so it's going to mean some late nights and early mornings to catch live events!

Every time I watch the Olympics, I get inspired.  I have to admit that I still (at age 39) watch and think, "One day I'll get there".  I know - crazy - but I can't help it! Although I guess now the options of possible sports I can enter in are reducing rather rapidly as I get older!
I am the eternal optimist though - you never know!!

Anyway - the inspiration I gain from the Olympics, does spill over into all aspects of my life, as I watch so many sportspeople who are really and truly making the most of their own potential - really living life to the full and giving it their all!

So, my first response to this inspiration, has been to start sprucing up my blog a little. I want to improve and grow my blog as much as I can, and will ride this wave of motivation to put more energy and effort into improving and adding to it!

You may notice a new header, and I also changed my button - which unfortunately I chose to do late on Friday night - and managed to stuff up the old button completely, so anyone who did have that on their blog now just has a broken link....SORRY!!

Here's the new one anyway:

Creating my way to Success

As yet - the featured on button hasn't changed - I think I'll leave that till I'm concentrating better so I don't stuff that up too!

I also updated my 'About Me' page, which is something I've been wanting to do for a while now - so it was good to finally get a Round Tuit! If you'd like to read more about me and my blog
 - click here!

Are you watching the Olympics? What are your favourite events to see? and do you get motivated by the Olympics?
Me - I'll be watching the swimming, athletics, gymnastics, diving, and probably anything else that is on at a decent hour here - it's all amazing and inspirational stuff!

Hope you're having a great weekend!


  1. Hi, Jill! I like your new header - if I ever own a swimming pool, I am totally painting the bottom lavender! Hope you have a great Olympics. So have you considered taking up shooting? You could make the team, c'mon!

    1. Thanks Mich!
      My husband said the same - go for shooting! I tried watching it today, but can't get excited about it!
      Maybe I'll just have to be an Olympic timekeeper or something...

  2. I like the new header... its much more cute and yummm.....

  3. I think it's really nice that you take so much inspiration from the Olympics and that you want to teach your kids to do that too! After all, that's what it's all about.

  4. Nice the pink. I've redesigned my blog twice recently and it still isn't what I want. :) I'll break down one day and pay someone to do it for me. :)


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !