Friday, April 27, 2012

Rotating ads in my sidebar

On Fridays here I try to post about something I've learnt. Today it's a great blog tip!

A couple of months ago, the lovely Amber from The Pless Press linked up to my weekly Round Tuit party, this post showing how to rotate adverts in your sidebar.

It's taken me a while, but I've finally gotten around to setting my ads to rotate.  Each of my wonderful sponsors now gets time at the top!

At first I couldn't get it to work.  I originally had my ads 3 wide on my sidebar, but once I rotated them they would only go 2 wide.  After playing around with it and trying to Google my problem, I eventually figured out that your space has to be a certain amount wider than the adverts when you rotate - the wider the space, the more adverts to get across.  Unfortunately my sidebar was already at maximum width (500), so not quite wide enough to accommodate 3 ads wide (mine are 150 x 150).  So I had to reduce the width of the sidebar and be satisfied with just 2 wide.
BUT since the adverts rotate, the number at the top doesn't really matter any more!

So thanks Amber for passing on those details! Very much appreciated!  



What have you learnt this week?

4 comments:

  1. Thanks Jill

    This is really helpful!!

    Michelle :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jill! What a great tip. Can't wait to try it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a nice courtesy for your sponsors!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love learning new things! It's awesome!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !