Thursday, April 5, 2012

My Creative Space

This week my girls are on school holidays, so my blogging and crafting time is pretty limited as I spend valuable time with them!

I have squeezed in a little crafting with them though - as they wanted to do some painting.

I've had some old frames sitting around collecting dust for years..

And since the girls room needs a little bit of a revamp, I thought we could use them in there...

So they helped paint them..

While they were also painting over last school holiday's canvas pictures to create a new one each...

We got out some of their school art from last year..

And here's what we now have waiting to hang on their walls..

We've got a few more projects to do for their room - some we'll get through in the holidays, but others will have to wait until they go back to school and I have some time with my sewing machine again!

For lots more fabulously creative spaces - head on over here!!


  1. What a great idea! I might do this with my kids over the summer holidays. It's a wonderful way to encourage art and creativity in kids. Thanks for sharing.

  2. Hi Jill

    Fabulous idea, I love the girl's framed art work!
    Isn't the weather just perfect at the moment?!

    Michelle :o)

  3. Great idea Jill, and lovely to spend some crafting time with your littlies!

  4. Awesome idea Jill! They look great.

  5. they look great! i LOVE that shade of blue too x

  6. Those look great! The blue is perfect, it picks up color in each of the paintings.

  7. I love the blue frames... Nice idea!!

  8. Hi Jill , Michelle's Mum here .
    Love reading your family news .What wonderful memories you are making with your girls .Love the project they are on at the moment .Their art works are certainly worth framing .

  9. This is great. I have lots of frames and lots of kids art...hmmmm Thanks for the very fun post. love it.


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !