Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Creating Success around the World - Tanya from Bubble and Bear

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.

Creating my way to Sucess

Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the world.
Here's the hosts, in Australasia, USA, Asia and Europe!
Click on the buttons to visit them and see who they are featuring this week!

Today's guest here in Australasia is Tanya from Bubble and Bear
in Western Australia

"Hello, my name is Tanya and I live in the beautiful seaside town of Dunsborough in Western Australia. I have a 3 boys aged 15 yrs, 4 and 2 years. They keep me on my toes as a stay at home mum. I did TEE Art in high school, have always loved to paint, sew and do a variety of crafts however, found I had no time to do them once I embarked on a career after university as an Occupational Therapist. When my mother-in-law came for an extended stay last year, she taught me how to make ragged quilts. All the years of pent up creativity came surging forth once I realized that you could make functional and beautiful art pieces from fabric. I haven't been able to stop since!

My business name Bubble & Bear is the nicknames of my goddaughter and my youngest son. They inspire my creations as I love to see them wearing them. Even my son has been known to model a slip dress for the camera! Initially, I just made Organic & 100% Cotton Quilts, however I then started to make stuffed toy Owls as my sons love Hoot the Owl.

From there, I started making gorgeous ruffle bum bloomers as well as a funky and fun version for the boys with pull out mini pocket owl-pal to be played with. More recently I have fallen in love with some fabric from Kaffe Fassett and plan to broaden my homewares range with couch throws, table runners, bed runners, wall art and ottomans. I have so many ideas and creative urges (usually late at night) and not enough time. Friends and family ask me how I find the time? My answer...I don't sleep!

You can see my creations on my madeit shop. I also spend a lot of time chatting with customers and followers on my facebook page and am just starting weekly friday night chats about peoples topics of interest on my blog page

For the future, I have grand plans for Bubble & Bear. I have just started having a stall at the markets and hope to wholesale to shops shortly. I am excited to follow the current path of Bubble and Bear and see where the journey takes me. For now, I am thoroughly content that I can be in that lovely creating space and for people to enjoy the beauty in what I make.

Have I achieved success in what I do? Success is subjective and perhaps it is too early for me to say. However, I can say this, once I became pregnant for the second time I think the process of creating flows through you and brings forth the need to keep creating. It is such a lovely, peaceful way to experience life and yourself. I am incredibly grateful for the chance to be in this space as it allows me to be me. To me, this is success."


Thanks Tanya for your great answers!  Do go and visit Tanya's blog and say hi!


To read previous feature interviews from 2012 - click here

And if you would like to be featured as part of the Creating Success Worldwide series, then leave a comment with your contact details and location .

Australasian crafters featured here on Creating my way to Success, will also receive one week's free advertising in my sidebar as a thank you for your post!

Please do link up your own blog to our blog hop below, and visit some of the other links to make some new crafty international friends!


  1. awesome idea! Thanks for hosting!

  2. Thank you so much for hosting!!


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !