Sunday, March 11, 2012

Improving

Just a short post today about my fitness for the week. This weekend is a 2 day swim carnival with our girls, so I'm writing this in advance not knowing what time I'll get at the weekend!

I'm continuing to be inspired by my girls and their amazing efforts in swimming.  The younger one did her first ever 50m length of butterfly this week - a long way for a little 6yr old to swim in a tricky stroke (I couldn't do it!)
She made it the whole way - and although she said it did hurt - she didn't give up and made it all the way! So proud! 

So - when I was running this week, and it started to hurt - I thought of her and kept going!

I managed to do my 5km circuit again (the one I smashed my best time in a couple of weeks ago) and I bettered my time AGAIN!  I had wondered if my great time a couple of weeks ago was a fluke - you know, one of those days that everything just goes well and falls into place, but you can't seem to replicate it!
But no - to be able to go faster again, and feel good at the end of the run, shows me I am improving - and also that I'm getting better at pushing myself and not giving in when the going gets tough!

A couple of runs this week - and hopefully back in time for aquathon training this Sunday and I'm pretty happy with my week of fitness.  

How about you?

Next week - I'm aiming for something every day - nothing too over the top, and maybe build up to a big run at the weekend!

3 comments:

  1. Good on you! Can't wait to be able to run again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cool!! That is super!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Jill, you're doing so well! Enjoy the process!

    yaga
    http://www.shinybubbles.org

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !