Sunday, March 25, 2012

A great week for me fitness-wise!


My week of fitness - Another week of really pushing myself - aching muscles, feeling great and seeing progress.
Today was great fun. We decided to have a challenge with our girls of the fitness things that they are doing at school and at swimming.
The girls drew up a table of the exercises and with our names on, then this afternoon we got out the stopwatches and all did push ups, planks, shooting basketball hoops, skipping and sit ups.  We all in turn were the best at different things.  Amazing to see and measure quite how fit our little ones are (aged 6 and 8) and shocking for us to see how far behind we are in some senses (and how much our muscles ache now!)

After that we all went and did the aquathon training together - and with my eldest daughter's encouragement, I swam 1km, 500m of which was freestyle - more than I've ever swum that stroke in my life! woo-hooo!!

It's so nice to be doing things together as a family - and for it to be such a healthy thing too!

This week coming is the last week of school term - so my goals are to fit in what I can and get organised as best I can for the 2 weeks holidays!

Hope you've all had a great week!


1 comment:

  1. Yippieeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Thank you Jill!!!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !