Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Creating Success around the World - Angela from Apooki

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.

Creating my way to Sucess

Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the world.
Here's the hosts:


Today's guest is Angela from Apooki
    in Tasmania, Australia

Hi there, my name is Angela and I hail from the town of Launceston in Tassie.  I'm a mummy to my almost 3 year old boy Oscar and our 3 furry children - Wylson, Roxy & Griff.  

My business Apooki originally started as hobby back in 2009 when Oscar was first born - I had taken 6 months off work when I had Oscar and as he was a good sleeper I had all this time on my hands, so I began making fabric covered button earrings and accessories for friends and family.  I got such a great response from everyone that I began selling them on Madeit ( a website specifically for selling handmade items.  

Three years on I still sell my products through Madeit, but I now also have my own website  ( and supply to various stores around Australia.  My range still includes my signature fabric button products but I now also design and make my own perspex and stainless steel laser cut jewellery.  I went back to work part time when Oscar was 6 months old and not long after Apooki went from being just a hobby, to a small business.  I got an ABN, set-up my website and started wholesaling my products to shops.  I wont lie it is definetely a juggling act having a family, a part time job and my own business but i'm not willing to give any of it up so I make it work.

As for what the future holds for Apooki...........I'm not sure, I'm just keen to ride this wave as long as I can.  I'm have lots of new ideas swirling around my head and hope to build my stockist around Australia even further.

I love what I do and would love nothing more than to work on it full-time.....time will tell :)

Thanks  for your lovely answers Angela- and for sharing your beautiful work with us!
Do go and visit Angela at her website and check out more of her wonderful creations!


If you would like to be featured in an interview - then please contact your continent's host! 
Each featured guest here on Creating my way to Success, will also receive one week's free advertising in my sidebar as a thank you for your post!


  1. THose buttons are lovely! Thanks for sharing :-)

  2. Awesome bags. I love making them too. Thank you for hosting, happy to link up.

  3. Thanks for hosting dear Jill!
    xo Becca


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !