Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Creating Success around the World - Kate from Badge Bliss

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.

Creating my way to Sucess

Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the world.
Here's the hosts:

Today's guest is Kate From Badge Bliss
    in Victoria, Australia

Life takes you on many journeys and some like mine are done on a whim.

We bought a house unexpectedly, sold our home of 23 years and moved a  1000 kilometers away from family and friends all in the space of 2 months – all because I wanted to renovate an old house.

I was able to indulge in my passion for craft and home decorating.

Five years, and a lot of hard work, later we can’t imagine living anywhere else – we have the home of our dreams.
I’ve been crafty most of my life and have tried most things crossstitch (my favourite at the moment), sewing, knitting and a serious obsession with patchwork and quilting for many, many, many years.

I think this house needs a few leadlight windows so that will be next!

Taking a giant leap of faith like that has given me the confidence to start another of my dreams – my own business so Badge Bliss was launched in 2011.

I make handmade fun, cute, sassy and whimsical fridge magnets, pocket mirrors and badges. 
Inexpensive and collectable these items are suitable for all occasions - birthdays, Easter, Christmas, thank you gifts, wedding bonbomiere, baby showers, supporting  a cause, promoting an event or just to add some colour  to your life.

With a wide range of readymade items I can also personalize some of my designs with your name, date, message etc.
I also make keyrings, bookmarks, hair clips and pocket watch pendants.

I love every stage of my business – ordering supplies, sourcing art work, creating my items and changing the look of things to make them indivuial and unique - but my favourite time is gift wrapping orders to send out to my lovely customers.

My aim for 2012 is to continue to grow my business and keep doing what I love.

What can you expect when you shop at Badge Bliss – quality items with excellent service.


Thanks Kate for your lovely answers - and for sharing your beautiful work with us!
Do go and say see Kate's shop and check out more of her wonderful creations!

If you would like to be featured in an interview - then please contact your continent's host! 
Each featured guest here on Creating my way to Success, will also receive one week's free advertising in my sidebar as a thank you for your post!


  1. Thanks for the introduction to 'Badge Bliss'. I've added the shop to my favourites on Etsy, ready for present giving...

  2. Great to see you featured here Kate, your designs sure are sassy and fun! Best wishes to you for the coming year with your business!

  3. Enjoyed the interview with Kate!


  4. I really like these dogs excellent badges. Greetings.


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !