Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Creating Success around the World - Anna from One Happy Leaf

Welcome to

Creating Success around the World
The worldwide blog hop tour, that introduces you to creative people from all corners of the globe.




Creating my way to Sucess
 







Every Wednesday our hosts on each continent will introduce some inspiring creativity from their corner of the world.
 
Here's the hosts in Australasia, Asia and America:
(please note we're on the lookout for 
European and African hosts if you're interested!)





Today's guest is Anna from One Happy Leaf

    in Perth, Western Australia




What do you create?
I create cute hand made jewellery under the name of One Happy Leaf. I use a variety of sterling silver and bronzed charms to create unique earrings and necklaces. At the moment I am experimenting with laser cutting and bamboo and I am really happy with the pendants and earrings I have created. I love working with bamboo as it is such a versatile material that is completely renewable and environmentally sustainable.


Why do you create?
My response to this is probably different to the norm. I wasn't particularly crafty as a child and it's only been a few years since I have 'tapped' into my artistic side. I started designing jewellery as I found that after working for years in a rigid government job I needed an artistic outlet to give me a chance to think outside the square and not so "black and white". I love designing my jewellery and it gives me a buzz every time I make something new.

Do you sell your creations?
Yes, at the moment I sell my pieces on a wonderful Australian market website called Madeit. My store can be found at: www.madeit.com.au/onehappyleaf and all sales receive free postage through my Madeit store. I am also looking at setting up a Facebook online store in the next few weeks. So keep your eyes peeled!  I also encourage readers of this blog to visit my Facebook page available at: www.facebook.com/onehappyleaf   All 'Likers' are entered into a draw every couple of months to win a pair of earrings.

What is your definition of success and have you achieved it yet?
My definition of success is when my pieces are sold in a variety of stores across Australia and my sales are more regular. At the moment my sales are sometimes irregular and it is difficult to keep being motivated to design new pieces. Although I have not reached my definition of "success" I am enjoying the journey and more than happy to continue towards it.

What is special about One Happy Leaf?
I am passionate about conscious buying, so I have incorporated this into One Happy Leaf. I decided long along that I was going to share my profits with those who need it more than me. Now, I donate 50% of all profits from all sales to a variety of animal charities. That way my customers can buy consciously and know that they are making a difference to the world.
--------------------------------
Thanks Anna for your lovely answers - and for sharing your beautiful work with us!
Do go and say hi to Anna on her facebook page and see more of her lovely creations!
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------

If you would like to be featured in an interview - then please contact your continent's host! 
Each featured guest here on Creating my way to Success, will also receive one week's free advertising in my sidebar as a thank you for your post!



3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pieces. I'd love to know how to do the laser cutting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. Those pieces are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, this is a wonderful initiative, linking bloggers from all over the world! Thank you for your visits and kindness, I don't know how you get the power to do it with all the guests joining your wonderful linky party!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !