Friday, February 3, 2012

Clothes upcycling linky success!

I had a hard time thinking about today's post - what I've learned this week.  I feel like I've just spent the week trying to catch up after our trip away to Sydney last weekend.  I haven't had much of a chance to 'learn' things.

BUT - while chatting to my husband about my exciting big jump in page views last month (I topped 40,000!) I figured out what I have learnt!

Where did this jump come from?  Initially I thought it was due to the popularity of my tutorial for 'Pot holders from Jeans Pockets'
Which did provide a large influx of new visitors!

However - there was another reason too - I noticed in my stats, that there were a huge number of page views for my 

It has grown a lot and I've had to change the page title from 100+ to 200+ Clothes recycling projects.

Part of this increased interest has come from the fabulous Pinterest!
Where I found this page has been repinned 161 times so far!

(just a side note on Pinterest - when I explained it to my husband he said it sounded like a version of craftgawker where submissions are not just judged by their stunning photography skills! I certainly have had more of my things pinned than accepted on craftgawker!! and I know it's because people like the project, not just that the photo is good! )

Anyway - back to the clothes upcycling linky success...

I also had an email a couple of weeks ago from someone who wanted to kindly let me know that they were getting a steady stream    of traffic to their site from mine via a link they added to the Clothes upcycling linky! Fantastic!!

It's so nice to see the popularity of this linky growing - you know my love of upcycling, and this is such a fantastic resource to share - I'm amazed and inspired by things people manage to do with clothes they no longer need or wear!

For example... Link 166...
boys PJs made from an old Polo shirt by Meggipeg:


So if you haven't looked yet - go and check out some of the
 200+ Clothes Upcycling Projects! 
 And add any of your own you may have done too!

Thanks to everyone for all of your support for this blog! I'm excited that people are enjoying it and hope it will continue to grow and get better and better!

What have you learnt this week?

Oh and don't forget the Book Depository Sale is still going for a few more hours yet! Go and have a look to see what the current offer is!
There's free delivery worldwide and a great selection of books!

24h offer. up to 80% off. Great Discounts at The book Depository


  1. Isn't it cool to see all your work paying off like that Jill? Feels good doesn't it? Way to go man!

  2. I also get steady traffic to my site from links on your ongoing clothes upcycling linky, Jill. The linky is a great resource of upcycling ideas!!!

  3. Very cool! I love that you can figure this out and see what to tweak and what is going so well. Congrats on such a big boost, and yay for analytics!

  4. hi, i love the idea! your blog is so cute. Thx to share it! I'm from Brazil and I'll show your place for everyone who loves it!


  5. Great work and congrats on all your success Jill. That potholder tutorial is just what I am after as I have just entered a potholder swap. Thanks.


I love comments and try to respond to them all. Thanks for taking the time !